Natural or Artificial tree??
Dec 10, 2003 at 12:41 AM Post #16 of 44
Natural, of course! Our tree will be up and decorated in about a week.
biggrin.gif

Dec 10, 2003 at 4:40 AM Post #25 of 44
Natural all the way. Trees down here are really cheap, and they smell like 10x stronger than those I have smelled in the states. Here they sell a long needle pine tree, and when I say it makes the entire apartment smell of pine, I mean the ENTIRE apartment smells of pine. It is simply wonderful smelling. They also sell Cyprus trees down here, but they're not as nice.

What's funny is how they trim the trees down here. The whole lot of Christmas trees look like they were stuck in some giant pencil sharpener. Perfect. Too perfect actually. Our little Charlie Brown tree, which is all of 4' tall, cost us a whopping $5, but it isn't as trimmed as the rest were and suits the wfie and I perfectly.

Dec 10, 2003 at 5:22 AM Post #27 of 44
One of each! Medium real for the living room; little fake for the bedroom. My wife has collected so many must-use ornaments that one tree isn't enough.
biggrin.gif

Dec 10, 2003 at 5:31 AM Post #28 of 44
Fake.....is easy to put and take out later, mine is all fiber glassed, so I don't even have to decorate it too much, it already has the lights, call me lazy if you want, eh??? Just a few balls, a few stuff and ready to go. OTOH I have read that real trees has always bugs, and you take the chance of a fire (even with the fake one, I leave the smoke alarm around it just in case.....LOL....) and they are always messy, you have to clean after the dry leaves begin to fall down the whole season.....

Dec 10, 2003 at 5:52 AM Post #29 of 44
I was born and raised on real trees and will always have one. A group of us go out and cut them down and bring them back from one of the surrounding tree farms, its a wonderful Christmas tradition.
If you buy one of the plastic liners to put under it (LARGE size) its also not bad to clean up at all, and it catches all the needles while its in the stand.
I love the look and smell of a real tree, and hey, how hard is it to dump water into it once a day, at most?

JC

Dec 10, 2003 at 6:48 AM Post #30 of 44
Every year my family heads out to Pennsylvania to cut down our own tree. We usually go with a bunch of friends and exteneded family as well and stop for dinner in this nice little tavern on the way home. A few times when we were in a hurry during December, we would just find a local tree farm in Jersey. I can't really see myself with anything other than a real tree (unless I end up living in an apartment someday).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back