Natural or Artificial tree??
Dec 9, 2003 at 9:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

Tuberoller

Divorced an Orpheus to keep his wife.
What kinda Christmas tree you got?

I love a natural tree myself. We all pile into the car and drive to Michigan to cut down our tree at the tree farm. It's part of our holiday tradition and we make a really nice day trip out of it. The day typically ends with everybody enjoying a nice glass of hot cider and decorating the tree. I'm enjoying the smell of our nice Douglas pine and I could never imagine using anything other a real tree.

Dec 9, 2003 at 9:51 PM Post #2 of 44
There's no question. Natural. (Though we don't cut it down ourselves...)

The smell of it is enough to make it worthwhile... Christmas ain't the same without a home redolent of noble fir.

Edit: okay, that picture's a little too big.

- Chris

Dec 9, 2003 at 9:52 PM Post #3 of 44
My family has always used fake trees and a whole bunch of them at that. We have a fancy one for the living room, a victorian one for the library, a kiddy/fun one for the family room that the presents go under, and some ridiculous tall skinny thing for the front hall. Yes, it's entirely too many trees. I haven't even mentioned the miles of garland, those little ceramic houses (my mom creates an entire town of at least 50 buildings,) wreathes, a complete change of Christmas plates/glasses/silverware, etc, etc. No outdoor display though. Don't get me wrong, it looks awesome and is very inviting, but seems a bit much.

I prefer one live, totaly decked out tree as the sum total of christmas decoration.

Dec 9, 2003 at 9:53 PM Post #4 of 44
Fake.

It's so easy! String each section seperately, then put em together and plug em in! Easy take down, and no need to remove lights!

smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 9, 2003 at 10:20 PM Post #5 of 44
Real here.

Fake trees just aren't the same. Besides, decorating them and taking them down is half the fun of having a christmas tree anyway

Dec 9, 2003 at 10:24 PM Post #6 of 44
My family isn't really into Christmas... so a 1 foot fake one here.
tongue.gif

Since this is tree thread. How about pics?

Dec 9, 2003 at 10:28 PM Post #7 of 44
Quote:

Originally posted by Ebonyks
Real here.

Fake trees just aren't the same. Besides, decorating them and taking them down is half the fun of having a christmas tree anyway

You still have to decorate and take down a fake tree.

In the past we've cut our own real tree from a tree farm. Loads of fun for the family. Last year my wife bought a Large fake tree. I love it. It's so convenient and beautiful. There's even some pine scent you can buy to spray the house with to have the "evergreen" smell.

But I surely miss the outing of selecting and cutting tree.

Dec 9, 2003 at 10:29 PM Post #8 of 44
I went to fake trees several years ago.
Tree farms weren't up an running around here at that time, and the real ones for sale just sucked. I loved going out in the woods and cutting down a tree, but I got to the point where I felt it a waste of a perfectly good living tree. Tree farm trees are okay in my book, but the days of whacking some tree out of the forest are long gone.

I like the perfection of a fake tree, and there are no disposal issues.

Dec 9, 2003 at 10:56 PM Post #10 of 44
a bad quickie pic of our tree

site1043.JPG

sorry about the light,I'll try to post a better one when my kid gets back with my camera. I'm using her's now and I have'nt figured it out yet.

Dec 9, 2003 at 11:02 PM Post #12 of 44
For the entire time I was growing up, we always had a real tree. It was nice, but a pain to get in and out of the house.

Ever since I've been on my own, I've had a tiny tree (a 1' fake tree) that I just put into storage every year. It was very convenient.
biggrin.gif

This year, my daughter announced that she wants a tree. We ended up getting a fake tree, which is OK. We have hard wood floors, and I don't want water leaking all over them and ruining them. It's nice to have a full-sized tree again.

Dec 9, 2003 at 11:49 PM Post #13 of 44
Growing up we always had a real tree. It was great, early in the Fall before the weather changed we would go to the woods behind our house and tag our selection. Then, about now I would saw it down and we would decorate it.

When my kids were growing up we always had a real tree but in recent years a nice fake one has been used.

Dec 10, 2003 at 12:17 AM Post #14 of 44
FAKE X 2

Dec 10, 2003 at 12:20 AM Post #15 of 44
Quote:

Originally posted by pbirkett
I dont have any tree. Cant be bothered to put one up!
tongue.gif

Ditto
biggrin.gif
... they do add a nice holiday feeling, but it's usually too much trouble (and I have a cat who could be poisoned if she ate the needles). However, I usually put up some kind of "holiday lights" screensaver on my PC + a nice wallpaper, and maybe some xmas music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back