Nationite s:flo² or iPhone LOD > E11?
Jun 28, 2011 at 1:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

throzen0303

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everything, I am thinking of upgrading my portable setup, I am currently running on iPhone HP out for my IEMs, SE215s, DUNU Ares and Hephaes.

I am interested to buy the Brainwavz B2, on the website, I came across the s:flo2, the specs are GREAT for the price, I read some about it, the SQ seems to be really good. I have been waiting to buy the Fiio E11 for a while now, to use with my iPhone 3GS line out, I read the flo2's headphone out is really good already and doesn't need an amp for most IEM, MP4nations are now offering a bundle deal for $230(pre-order) Brainwavz B2 + 16GB flo2, seems to be the best deal ever, but I am not sure for SQ wise, would the line out > E11 sound better? The battery life seems to be horrible on the flo2. Please help!

Flo2 > B2/SE215
iPhone 3GS(will be using the iPhone 5 when it comes out) > E11 > B2/SE215

Thanks for the advice!

Jun 28, 2011 at 4:37 AM Post #2 of 10
I have a Teclast T51 which is the same as S:Flo2 and the LO is really very good much better than the HO. I try comparing the HO and LO using a Sennheiser PX200-II so I can lower the volume of the LO with the PX200-II build in volume control. Although the HO is fine, but after listening to the LO I do not want to go back to the T51 HO any more.

So I start looking for solution, initially looking at different AMP then AMP have it's own characteristic and more circuity comparing to a clean LO output. I soon found my solution, that is to get a good quality inline volume control to connect in between the LO and headphone/earphone.

The AMP is necessary when the DAP is underpower to drive the phone but in this case, I do not really need an AMP to amplify the volume. I need to lower the volume or rather control the volume from the LO to a listenable level. I am happy, and no extra investment needed except for a inline volume control.

But I am not sure if this is relevent to your case.

Jun 28, 2011 at 10:15 AM Post #3 of 10
An amp is also necessary when the lineout isn't desinged to drive low impedances. You've just found a complimentary coloration from having an extremely low damping factor along with frequency adjustments from an impedance mismatch. Probably sounds smooth and with very pleasant midrange. The output impedance is about 25 ohms and your phones are 32 ohms. Add a passive volume control and it gets even worse.

Jun 28, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #7 of 10
Try the LO w/o Amp really, as a T51/S:Flo2 user and many phones I have to confirm.

Jun 29, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #9 of 10
There are preset EQ and you can manual customise EQ. But I just use normal. What IEM you have that need to be EQ?

Quote:
How is the EQ on the Flo2/T51? I have a couple IEM needs some EQ to make them sound right, SQ wise, how does it compare to J3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back