National Audio Show UK 2015 - impressions and pics
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 24, 2015 at 3:59 AM Post #31 of 36
  @pedalhead, curious how you thought the raggy+yggy combo compared to the mha-100 for the he-1k? also if you noticed any sonic tuning differences between those two set-ups. thanks!

Hi money.  Well, the couple of times I've heard the Rag/Yggy pairing I've had the impression that I prefer the DAC to the amp part of that pairing. It's difficult to be sure but I feel I can hear what the Yggy is bringing to the party...that natural, detailed resolution, but for some reason the overall presentation hasn't had me immediately jumping to get a Rag.  Couldn't say why tbh, it just doesn't engage me like some other amps (such as the MHA-100). The McIntosh sounded more similar to the Dave to my ears (although not on the same level).  Of course, the MHA-100 is also more than twice the price of the Rag (in the UK), although it can run speakers like the Rag as well.

Bear in mind, I'm also of the opinion that visual bias can influence auditory impressions, however much we try not to let it.  Having said that, the Trilogy 933 looks (to me) very basic and inexpensive, but I thought it sounded fantastic even before I knew the price. I think at this level of gear though it's essential to hear for ourselves as I think most products are very capable and any differences are probably very subjective.

Sep 24, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #32 of 36
I went to this and had no idea there were going to be so many headphones to try!!  (I went more for research purposes for stereos/speakers...)

anyways... spent a lot of time at headphone area (couple hours at least), we great to hear/compare a few.  Decided to get some LCD 2's...  3's and X's were better, but not enough to justify cost..   they had 10% discount on day for new headphones as well (but I'll get mine next time in the US...).  A bit worrying that the first pair of LCD's I picked up broke immediately (adjusting the size they came apart) but they were cool about it. 

Sep 24, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #33 of 36
Hi,

Many thanks for your kinds words and glad you and your girls had fun, the only room (other than the headphone area) was the Audio Emotion's room they made a hell of a effort i would like to take the moment to say congrats to them for making a real effort, you can see there efforts on there web site i think...

On another note when the next Canjam Jude i really enjoy the last one we want more of the same please...

Mark

Sep 25, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #34 of 36
Thanks again for all the great pictures, I felt like I almost there.:D

Sep 25, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #35 of 36
Thanks again for all the great pictures, I felt like I almost there.
biggrin.gif

Cheers mate!
beerchug.gif

Oct 3, 2015 at 3:05 AM Post #36 of 36
pedalhead

Cheers for the impressions and photos. Could not make the show this year as was at Eng v Fiji. The sleep pattern won out over an early morning rise to Milton Keynes :p am still yet to demo the new schiit multibit dacs. Not sure what is going on with electromod stock situation. i am sure schiit wrote in the blog thread they were making uk distribution better but seems to be the same?? Hmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back