Nashville - Center Hill Lake: Whiskey-Fi / Head-Fi Meet: Nov 2, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 22, 2019 at 2:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 76

kilkil

500+ Head-Fier
Nashville - Center Hill Lake: Whiskey-Fi / Head-Fi Meet:
Whiskey, Headphones, and Friends!!! What more could you want.
This meet is open to everyone. I would appreciate that you post you are attending to get an idea of the head count for food and table space.

Date/Time:
Saturday Nov 2, 2019, 10am CT

Location: About an hour east of Nashville, 2 hours north of Chattanooga, 2 hours west of Knoxville
1847 Puckett Point Rd, Smithville, TN 37166
I-40 to Exit #273 that is TN56 South. Cross the bridge, then Puckett Point Rd will be on your left in 1.4 miles. The house is 1.7 miles down Puckett Point Rd, on the left side.

For the people coming from Kentucky on I65, I don't recommend getting off the interstate before exit 38 in KY due to small curvy country road driving for many hours. Thus i recommend exit 38 (still curvy) or exit 2 in KY.

Parking
: The house is on the left side of the road with a driveway that can hold 4 cars (2 must be compact). Across the street there is a light blue garage, that is also mine, it has another 6-8 parking spaces, plus parking on grass as needed (just past the house on the left side of the road and around the garage, making sure not to block my neighbors driveways).

Food
: Feel free to bring food to share. There will be food, menu to be decided.
So far we have:
Beef Vegetable Soup
Homemade bread
Cornbread
Deviled Eggs
Dessert

Beverage
: Feel free to bring beverages to share, There will be whiskey and water.

Vendors: We are open to vendors attending or sending equipment, please PM me.

The house is wheelchair friendly.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #2 of 76
Oh wonderful! Perhaps I won't be sick this time! Definitely plan to be there. I'll even save my carbs up.

Aug 22, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #3 of 76
Thanks, Tom, for continuing your string of well-hosted meets!
November will be fun ... we could be building snow-people in the front yard :)

Aug 22, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #4 of 76
If there was enough snow to build anything in my yard, we would have to cancel the meet. I would not recommend anyone driving down my road with snow on it.

Your welcome. I really hope you can make this meet.

Aug 23, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #5 of 76
Wonderful! I'll put in on my busy social calendar (ha!) and plan on it. Certainly look forward to it.

Thanks for hosting Tom! We had such a great meet last time, I sure hope some that were missing can book it in this time.

CJ

Aug 28, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #6 of 76
My car isn't in condition for a 3.5 hour drive at the moment, but by November I might have a new car or be able to drive with a friend, so I might be able to attend this one!

Aug 28, 2019 at 7:35 PM Post #7 of 76
Damn going to miss another one. I’m going to be in Vegas at that time so won’t be able to make it. I hope to have another meet in Louisville after the first of the year just haven’t got a date yet but will be talking to Zach and Bevin at ZMFestivus the first of October and hopefully they can make it back again. Hope you have a great meet and really wish I could make it but my 84 year old mother wants to go to Vegas so that is what I’ll be doing I know you all understand.

Aug 29, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #8 of 76
@rmoody I'm looking forward so seeing y'all again
@Cool Jazz I'm glad to see that you are coming and we are able to be squeezed into your calendar.
@phillyd Hopefully you can make it, anything can happen in 2 months.
@buke9 I'll miss y'all, enjoy vegas. I'm just trying to imagine my mom in vegas and i'm laughing.

Aug 30, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #9 of 76
So, I was wondering about Kevin @Wildcatsare1.
After being a real Wildcat yourself, at one point, then moving to Lexington - home of the alternative-Wildcats, well how does that feel, mate?
Is it like switching from rock music to bluegrass? Of course, the bourbon is likely better around the KY homestead :)

Tom, what level of humidity do you aim to maintain in your humidor?
I've started a new hobby ... Padron Serie 1964 coronas, and I want to do it right - thanks!

Aug 30, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #10 of 76
Hey Dick, missed you at Tom’s! I’ve become an ambidextrous Wildcat in Lexington! From the looks of AZ’s opener, I may have to lean more Lexington.

Aug 30, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #11 of 76
@RCBinTN Nice Cigar, just another reason for you to visit, imagine how much nicer the Padron would be sitting on my deck.
Humidity, i've chosen 65% as ideal (you don't get any green/white fuzzy stuff at 65% and i also hate when a cigar feels too moist). As to the best way to keep it at 65%, is humidity beads. There is humidity gel, but that gets dirty/moldy fairly quick, the beads last forever and can keep on being reused.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #12 of 76
Hey Dick, missed you at Tom’s! I’ve become an ambidextrous Wildcat in Lexington! From the looks of AZ’s opener, I may have to lean more Lexington.
LOL! Ambidextrous Wildcat, good one. I follow KY in basketball, but never football. How did your back appt in Nashville go, Kevin?

@RCBinTN Nice Cigar, just another reason for you to visit, imagine how much nicer the Padron would be sitting on my deck.
Humidity, i've chosen 65% as ideal (you don't get any green/white fuzzy stuff at 65% and i also hate when a cigar feels too moist). As to the best way to keep it at 65%, is humidity beads. There is humidity gel, but that gets dirty/moldy fairly quick, the beads last forever and can keep on being reused.
I think everything is better whilst sitting on your deck! The Padrons are decent smokes, since we still can't get Cubans. Here's my purveyor ... they get it. https://www.mikescigars.com/
I, too, aim at 65% - that keeps a cigar about perfect. Been using water on the humidor's lower level, cigars up top. Mike's sends enclosed humidity packs with the cigars; I use them in baggies but not yet in the humidor. Where do you buy the beads, Tom? Thanks for your help!

Annette's taking the afternoon off; we're watching a Joe Bonamassa BluRay together with the HD800 headphones. Her 60th birthday is next week ... how time flies!

Aug 30, 2019 at 11:03 PM Post #13 of 76
LOL! Ambidextrous Wildcat, good one. I follow KY in basketball, but never football. How did your back appt in Nashville go, Kevin?

I think everything is better whilst sitting on your deck! The Padrons are decent smokes, since we still can't get Cubans. Here's my purveyor ... they get it. https://www.mikescigars.com/
I, too, aim at 65% - that keeps a cigar about perfect. Been using water on the humidor's lower level, cigars up top. Mike's sends enclosed humidity packs with the cigars; I use them in baggies but not yet in the humidor. Where do you buy the beads, Tom? Thanks for your help!

Annette's taking the afternoon off; we're watching a Joe Bonamassa BluRay together with the HD800 headphones. Her 60th birthday is next week ... how time flies!
Yes Blues Deluxe is so good.

Aug 30, 2019 at 11:08 PM Post #14 of 76

Didn’t go very well, my BP was 70/53 so I ended up in Vandy’s ER, for an unplanned 3 day stay. Ends up I severe anemia, feeling better, but their still trying to figure out why.

Aug 31, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #15 of 76
Yes Blues Deluxe is so good.
Probably my favorite of all his albums, the first one I owned thanks to a tip from Whirlwind.
That was Joe's old band, with Eric Czar on bass, who I thought was a great blues bassist :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back