Nashua, New Hampshire Meet: Decemeber 5th, 2015
Oct 31, 2015 at 8:43 AM Post #61 of 195
Well good news. My friend did some wheeling and dealing and bought me a pair of HD800. So I should have them for the meet. 

Nov 6, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #62 of 195
As noted, I will have a pair of original HD800's there (we need a better clarification when people say HD800 vs. HD800S.....it SOUNDS Like all the models coming will be the original HD800?).

Anyway, happy to have people try my pair out on their system if needed.

BTW, this also means I'm confirmed.  So far, no change to my gear (other than having a USB Regen in the path now).  I may bring a Senn 650 as a backup to the 800 if it gets passed around.

Nov 6, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #63 of 195
  As noted, I will have a pair of original HD800's there (we need a better clarification when people say HD800 vs. HD800S.....it SOUNDS Like all the models coming will be the original HD800?).

BTW, this also means I'm confirmed.  So far, no change to my gear (other than having a USB Regen in the path now).  I may bring a Senn 650 as a backup to the 800 if it gets passed around.

I think the HE-400 and the HE-400S have the same issue. "S" is a poor choice of suffix for something that is regularly put into the plural non-possessive. I can tell the difference between "the HE-400's soundstage" and "the HE-400s' soundstage", but when it's non-possessive I can't tell if it's a reference to the HE-400 or the HE-400S...

I suppose we have Apple to thank for the S-suffix.

Nov 6, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #64 of 195

I'd like to try the HD800 on my Valhalla 2 and (hopefully) the loaner bimby that should be coming in. Only ever heard it on a Bryston BHA-1 and Audeze Deckard and definitely preferred HD650 on those...

Nov 6, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #65 of 195
When I get the HD800 I'm only going to have my xda 2 to use them on. Its an amazing dac for speakers and acceptable for headphones but there is def better. I hope to listen to the HD800 on other setups so I can see what I need to buy for them.

This is a good sign.

Nov 12, 2015 at 12:49 AM Post #66 of 195
  When I get the HD800 I'm only going to have my xda 2 to use them on. Its an amazing dac for speakers and acceptable for headphones but there is def better. I hope to listen to the HD800 on other setups so I can see what I need to buy for them.

This is a good sign.

Cool! They'll be quite popular at the meet, I'm sure.

There might also be an LCD-XC joining my arsenal, with the possible departure of the EL-8Cs...

Nov 12, 2015 at 12:55 AM Post #67 of 195
Cool! They'll be quite popular at the meet, I'm sure.

There might also be an LCD-XC joining my arsenal, with the possible departure of the EL-8Cs...

Listen to my Omni before getting it! I'll bring it this Friday. I think it's actually a step up in many ways compared to the XC.

Also, I shuffled some gear around and it almost definitely won't change before the meet. I added a Hifiman HE-5 (which I may send for Code-X modding before the meet), Beyer T1, and an HD650. I got rid of the Magnum and Pico.

Nov 12, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #68 of 195
This is awesome and I am totally in!  I live about three miles down the road in Merrimack, NH, so if anyone needs "local support", please don't hestitate to reach out.

I'll be representing Grace Design with m920 and m9XX DAC/amps, a Little Dot MK III OTL tube amp, and two very common headphones: Sennheiser HD650 and Audio-Technica ATH-M50x.

Really looking forward to this meet-up!

Quick question: Does everyone bring their own favorite FLACs with them, or load up a laptop with music, or is it streamed off of a central server?  I use JRiver Media Center 21 on a Windows 10 PC to feed bit-perfect hi-res audio from a 4TB server.

- Dave

Nov 12, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #69 of 195
It turns out I can't make it to this meet-up because I have a work thing.  I'm super bummed because I just got my Ragnarok and Bimby and was pumped to see how these bad boys pair with the HD 800.  Hope you all have a great time!

Nov 12, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #70 of 195
Thanks to MrMan and Rynsin for posting this thread and keeping up with member count and gear that will be there.
We're just a little over 3 weeks away from what looks like will be a big meet at Fidelis in NH!

I'm definitely looking forward to it!  
beerchug.gif

Vinnie

Nov 12, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #71 of 195
  Thanks to MrMan and Rynsin for posting this thread and keeping up with member count and gear that will be there.
We're just a little over 3 weeks away from what looks like will be a big meet at Fidelis in NH!

beerchug.gif

Vinnie

DON'T GET SICK VINNIE!

I'm excited as well.  Should be great!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Nov 12, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #72 of 195

DON'T GET SICK VINNIE!

I'm excited as well.  Should be great!

Hi Zach,

Hehe - I've been running around and doing many shows (recently the RMAF show, and the NYAS last weekend), so I decided to "go easy" from now until Dec. 5th so I'll be in good condition for this meet!

See you there!

Vinnie

Nov 12, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #73 of 195

Hi Zach,

Hehe - I've been running around and doing many shows (recently the RMAF show, and the NYAS last weekend), so I decided to "go easy" from now until Dec. 5th so I'll be in good condition for this meet!

See you there!

Vinnie

Nice!  Excited to see you man.  =)

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Nov 12, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #74 of 195
Listen to my Omni before getting it! I'll bring it this Friday. I think it's actually a step up in many ways compared to the XC.

Also, I shuffled some gear around and it almost definitely won't change before the meet. I added a Hifiman HE-5 (which I may send for Code-X modding before the meet), Beyer T1, and an HD650. I got rid of the Magnum and Pico.

I'm afraid it's too late for me...

But I really want to hear your Omni's tomorrow. I imagine I'll get to try out all the ZMF's at Nashua, as well. If they're better, I'll just sell the the XCs. :)
  This is awesome and I am totally in!  I live about three miles down the road in Merrimack, NH, so if anyone needs "local support", please don't hestitate to reach out.

I'll be representing Grace Design with m920 and m9XX DAC/amps, a Little Dot MK III OTL tube amp, and two very common headphones: Sennheiser HD650 and Audio-Technica ATH-M50x.

Really looking forward to this meet-up!

Quick question: Does everyone bring their own favorite FLACs with them, or load up a laptop with music, or is it streamed off of a central server?  I use JRiver Media Center 21 on a Windows 10 PC to feed bit-perfect hi-res audio from a 4TB server.

- Dave

Surprisingly, the first pair of M50x's to make the list! I'm really looking forward to trying out the m9XX and other Grace Design stuff. All the excitement on Massdrop almost had me pulling the trigger on one.

It turns out I can't make it to this meet-up because I have a work thing.  I'm super bummed because I just got my Ragnarok and Bimby and was pumped to see how these bad boys pair with the HD 800.  Hope you all have a great time!

Sorry to hear that... hopefully you'll be able to hear them sometime soon!

beerchug.gif

Vinnie

No problem -- might as well share my excitement for spreadsheets with everyone. Can't wait!

Nov 12, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #75 of 195

In my experience, everyone's got their own sources/libraries, and most people bring a jump drive or portable player to try out other people's systems. I prefer listening to the music of whoever owns the system -- most people have matched their music tastes and the signature of their system pretty well, and it's a great way to hear new music!

I'll be bringing my MacBook Pro, along with an 1TB external with a subset of my library in FLAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back