I'm in...

Phones:
LCD-X
Philips X2
Beyer DT-880

Amps/Dacs:
Audio-dg Master 11
Nuforce HDP

Hells yeah - another Master 11 owner!  I'm pondering bringing mine....we shall see, but good to know one will be there.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Oct 11, 2015 at 1:52 AM Post #34 of 195
Yeah, I'm in love with this thing...  Glad I kept the box handy otherwise hauling it around would be less than ideal.  First meet, so any guidance I need besides bring the gear and be ready to listen??  
dt880smile.png

Oct 11, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #35 of 195
  Yeah, I'm in love with this thing...  Glad I kept the box handy otherwise hauling it around would be less than ideal.  First meet, so any guidance I need besides bring the gear and be ready to listen??  
dt880smile.png

There's some standard meet rules that everyone always posts -- basically, ask before you (un)plug anything, don't wear excessive hair product, and treat everyone's equipment as if it costs a million bucks. Everyone's generally extremely friendly.

It's also probably a good idea to bring a power strip and possibly an extension cord, sometimes the power situation is less than ideal. Maybe someone who went last year can chime in on that? 

Number one thing I wish I knew before meets --

I think I spent more time talking to people, learning, and socializing than actually listening, and I've never been disappointed. For me, I end up learning so much and listening to so much that I basically have to take notes in order to recall it all later. At my first meet I tried really hard to listen to everything, and I managed to miss a few things that I really wanted to hear, so this time I'm going to pick one or two things from the equipment list I really want to make sure I get to.

Oct 11, 2015 at 2:05 AM Post #36 of 195

There's some standard meet rules that everyone always posts -- basically, ask before you (un)plug anything, don't wear excessive hair product, and treat everyone's equipment as if it costs a million bucks. Everyone's generally extremely friendly.

It's also probably a good idea to bring a power strip and possibly an extension cord, sometimes the power situation is less than ideal. Maybe someone who went last year can chime in on that? 

Number one thing I wish I knew before meets --

I think I spent more time talking to people, learning, and socializing than actually listening, and I've never been disappointed. For me, I end up learning so much and listening to so much that I basically have to take notes in order to recall it all later. At my first meet I tried really hard to listen to everything, and I managed to miss a few things that I really wanted to hear, so this time I'm going to pick one or two things from the equipment list I really want to make sure I get to.

Thanks - basically all the common sense, respectful stuff.  Should be fun..  I'm hoping to meet someone out in the Worcester area.  Seems as though us Head-fiers are pretty rare out this way.

Oct 11, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #37 of 195
Alright I'm 95% sure I'll be coming along.

I can bring:

Auralic Taurus MkII
BMC PureDAC
HAD Audiolab Maestral III
Project Ember (if there's interest)

LCD-2 (pre fazor)
HE-500 (Jerg modded)
HE-560
HD 800 (Anax 2.0 modded)
MDR-7
EL-8C
Nighthawk (modded)

Oct 16, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #39 of 195
put me in as a maybe -- hoping to make it.

dac:  schiit gungnir multibit
amp:  stax srm-007t
cans:  stax sr-404

Oct 17, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #41 of 195
I do a lot of VOIP chatting and headphones become too much after a couple of hours. So this has been my solution. 53mm! ad700 drivers on one of the smallest headsets I could find. I'll prob bring these too so you guys can get a laugh. The pads are from Grado S80 (only pads that I knew would fit)

Oct 17, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #42 of 195
I got my hands on a DX1000 so I'll be bringing that (wish someone had a TH900 to compare directly even though I recall the TH900 being technically superior) along with possibly two other friends!

Oct 17, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #43 of 195
  It's pretty decent. Don't really see any reason to upgrade from the Taurus at all, may look into a Gumby/Yggy at some point.

Nice. That's pretty "high end" stuff, at least at my budget. I'd be surprised if there'd be much, if any, of a difference.

I do a lot of VOIP chatting and headphones become too much after a couple of hours. So this has been my solution. 53mm! ad700 drivers on one of the smallest headsets I could find. I'll prob bring these too so you guys can get a laugh. The pads are from Grado S80 (only pads that I knew would fit)

Now that's not something you see everyday.

I got my hands on a DX1000 so I'll be bringing that (wish someone had a TH900 to compare directly even though I recall the TH900 being technically superior) along with possibly two other friends!

Oh cool! I've always wanted to listen to the nicer JVC phones.

I haven't been keeping track of the +1s -- I think we are at 3 right now.

Oct 17, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #44 of 195
I am really hoping someone can bring a pair of HE560s and the Ether. Those are on my short list and would love to get some time with each. Please, plesae will someone who's coming buy these so I can hear them? Just joking (or am I?)...

Oct 19, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #45 of 195
For the people who haven't been to a meet here you go. This is what you can expect. Everyone is really cool. Just be respectful of everyone and you'll have an awesome time. 

There is a free streaming website for music that you should put on your computer. I forgot the name of it. this way people can try their own music on your setup. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back