Nan-6 planar headphone ?
May 22, 2023 at 10:35 PM Post #197 of 204
well I bought he6sev2 for $450 (a few day before $399 black friday incident) +$79 for headband +$20 for grill +$59 on pads

so overall around $600 for he6se + some sanity trying to mod them

compare to nan7 I got for $800 (went there for work and ask dude to send them to my hotel) I think nan7 get a win here for overall resolution , build and comfort. the nan7 sound signature is a bit boring but even he6se is more engaging , the weird midrange give it a bit minus so I think they're on par with each other

but more recommend on nan7 if you can get them sub $1000 (there's nan7 in aliexpress so I think you can , a bit more expensive tho)

Attachments

• IMG_20230523_091807.jpg
    IMG_20230523_091807.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
May 22, 2023 at 10:52 PM Post #198 of 204
well I bought he6sev2 for $450 (a few day before $399 black friday incident) +$79 for headband +$20 for grill +$59 on pads

so overall around $600 for he6se + some sanity trying to mod them

compare to nan7 I got for $800 (went there for work and ask dude to send them to my hotel) I think nan7 get a win here for overall resolution , build and comfort. the nan7 sound signature is a bit boring but even he6se is more engaging , the weird midrange give it a bit minus so I think they're on par with each other

but more recommend on nan7 if you can get them sub $1000 (there's nan7 in aliexpress so I think you can , a bit more expensive tho)
I have a chance to grab an HE1k v2 fo $900. So maybe I pass Nan7 and go ahead for He1k. The He1k V2 is a bit boring compared to well-driven He6se. The He1k is smoother and more open not sparkle as much as He6se. But in term of resolution, the distance of them is very tiny.

May 22, 2023 at 11:21 PM Post #199 of 204
someone will shoot you if they can get that deal for themself (not me just saying) $900 for he1kv2 is no brainer , but both arya and he1k are a bit on bright side compare to he6se or even og hifiman

May 23, 2023 at 12:09 AM Post #200 of 204
someone will shoot you if they can get that deal for themself (not me just saying) $900 for he1kv2 is no brainer , but both arya and he1k are a bit on bright side compare to he6se or even og hifiman
I use vioelctric V281 to drive he1k v2 and he6se v2. Yes, overall sound signature are fun, bright but the He6se's high is more sparkle, grainier and He 1k is smoother. Both need warm sounding amp.

May 23, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #201 of 204
surprised by how light they are but the thick leather strap gave me a bit of pain so I change to audeze headband , work well

this guy is greatly resolving but a bit boring tbh

Yeah, a lil smooth to dark sounding. Needs a bright setup to perk it up.

My he6SE v2 is brighter and needs a darker setup. He6se v2 will emphasize more grain and air. So an r-2r setup would probably help it out. Or a really smooth amp, but there are no smooth powerful headphone amps. Smoothest thing I have for it is my Bryston 3bst power Amp. When using that power Amp, then the dac setup can be anything.

Last edited:
May 23, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #202 of 204
Yeah, a lil smooth to dark sounding. Needs a bright setup to perk it up.

My he6SE v2 is brighter and needs a darker setup. He6se v2 will emphasize more grain and air. So an r-2r setup would probably help it out. Or a really smooth amp, but there are no smooth powerful headphone amps. Smoothest thing I have for it is my Bryston 3bst power Amp. When using that power Amp, then the dac setup can be anything.
Have u tried tube power amps? My favor amp is Muzishare X7. Not harsh at upper region. Smooth and clean for the tube kind. Also op-amp change for the DAC may give similar results.

Mar 8, 2024 at 3:52 PM Post #203 of 204
Bringing this thread up as the NAN-7 deserves it. Phenomenal headphone and unmatched cost benefit IMO.

I have 2 units, and cycle them among my other favorite cans including Susvara, HEKSE, HE6 OG, and HE6SEV2.
I feel it has less resolution than the Susvara (as basically every other non-stat I have heard), but it is on par with the HEKSE and HE6 OG and clearly above the HE6SEV2.

In terms of slam, it is at least similar to the HE6 OG and much more engaging than the HEKSE, which makes it extremely versatile — it even handles electronic music better than all my other headphones (including Ultrasones).

Note: all this is with the included fenestratred leather pads and/or the larger hybrids — the stock pads are terrible and really mess up the FR.

I am quite happy with them and recommend without thinking twice. Bought the first unit via AliExpress and the second via Taobao (using Superbuy). Via Taobao, I received 2 extra pairs of pads for free, and had the option to choose a carbon fiber headband which is extremely light, flexible, and comfortable. The process was easy and, albeit long, pretty straightforward.

The price (~$1050 factoring FX, fees, and shipping) is an undisputed bargain.

Hats off to Anan. Heard he’s working on a Susvara level headphone, and will definitely buy it when it becomes available (if pricing makes sense, of course).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back