Name the best closed headphones you have owned and why?
Jan 6, 2023 at 6:43 AM Post #47 of 49
Toss up between the Denon ah-d9200, and the Kennerton Gjallarhorn. Two very different signatures indeed, but both hold my attention better than everything else closed I've tried. I should actually probably sell one of them, but I really don't want to.
The D9200 stayed with me longer than any other Headphone.

Jan 6, 2023 at 6:54 AM Post #48 of 49
I have had a pile of headphones. It would be easier for me to discuss memorable.

Rognir Planar- controlled bass, but great quality- wide spacious stage for a closed back and overall smooth tonality- pad changes are a breeze and have a major impact on signature

Denon D9200 - lightweight(relative to many others I have owned)- details abound- had a real time finding much fault except maybe on poorly recorded tracks could be a touch sharp in the treble, but not overall to me - better with warmer source

Final D8000 Pro - overall a king in its technicality- incredible but to me it was a dry and ultimately I got bored - sorry re-read the thread title and this is open back

Focal Stellia - once I found a silver cable pairing it soared- dynamic signature- it came down to faceoff between D9200 and Stellia and D9200 won, Stellia wasn't close with stock cable

Kennerton GH50 JM MKII - that is a mouthful- awesome comfort-bass is spectacular- wide staging(open HP like)

If you want to see or ask any questions about HP's I didn't mention click on my name and view account details

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #49 of 49
I just got the Eikon yesterday so Iā€™m really in the honeymoon phase but this is a STRONG contender for one of the best closed backs Iā€™ve heard. For Hip-Hop and EDM I prefer these to the VC. Eikon is a super energetic listen. Quite a nice V-Shape with phenomenal sub bass extension and really well extended highs.

C31DD98F-1571-49D5-9F1C-D77CB5398A39.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back