Name the best closed headphones you have owned and why?
Dec 1, 2022 at 8:01 PM Post #17 of 49
Verite Closed but Radiance is a VERY close second for totally different reasons.

VC has everything you'd ever want in a dynamic, resolute yet highly musical headphone. It's easily one of the most beautifully tuned headphones I've ever heard and I've heard a lot. I wouldn't even pigeonhole it into the closed back category as in my opinion its one of the best headphones of all time open or closed.

Radiance is Focal's best tuned headphone. It has everything you'd want in an all rounder and scales with better gear. Perfectly priced and a stunner to look at. Super comfortable, easy to drive with portable options and a non fatiguing all day listen.

Dec 1, 2022 at 10:32 PM Post #18 of 49
Fostex TH-X00 - great deep low end that doesn't bleed into the mid range. I really like the treble, non-fatiguing to my ears. The mid range is a bit recessed but it's still nice. Good soundstage, clarity and detail.

I'm sure there's better but I love them!

Dec 2, 2022 at 12:05 AM Post #19 of 49
have you every encounter the burned coil problem? that the only thing prevent me from owning them.
Nope. Only problem was the headband colouring.

Dec 2, 2022 at 12:48 PM Post #21 of 49
Toss up between the DCA Aeon closed (which I actually liked a bit more than the Ether C when I had those too) and the Beyer T5P v2 with Dekoni Elite Hybrid pads to smooth out the treble a little. I know there are better closed-backs out there, but not that I have owned :)

Dec 2, 2022 at 5:36 PM Post #22 of 49
Tri-tto!.

Eikons in particular have a wonderful timbre to them that makes rock hit hard and classical smooth and pleasant. Wonderful headphones.

Dec 2, 2022 at 6:07 PM Post #23 of 49
Most of my headphones are open , and iems which are i suppose closed. .....plus a wireless anker q30 great price and for me they're good for what I need if outside. But Close back for at home using hifi, with amp and without, direct into fiio M7 players and others mine are. ....Focal Elegia and sennheiser hd 569. And Meze99 classics. ....I like all of them. For me they're all pretty comfy, different seals. So sometimes you can hear some background. All sound good. Meze more bass....Let us know what you decide.

Dec 2, 2022 at 6:30 PM Post #25 of 49
For me it is the Z1R. Incredibly comfortable, gobs of deep bass (hello 70mm drivers!), and terrific build quality. May not be the most technically accurate, but for my ears has a pleasant tuning and responds to EQ without complaint. Last year I sold my D9200 (poor comfort for me), my Verite Closed (channel imbalance) and my Stellia (Focal models don't play well with my head shape). I will also add that the Z1R has a very respectable soundstage for a closed can.

Jan 1, 2023 at 7:10 PM Post #28 of 49
Without a doubt, the ES-R10. Amazingly detailed, wonderful FR, and the most open-sounding closed-back I've ever listened to (which I know is a cliched idea, but seriously).

Jan 1, 2023 at 9:01 PM Post #30 of 49
For me it is the Z1R. Incredibly comfortable, gobs of deep bass (hello 70mm drivers!), and terrific build quality. May not be the most technically accurate, but for my ears has a pleasant tuning and responds to EQ without complaint. Last year I sold my D9200 (poor comfort for me), my Verite Closed (channel imbalance) and my Stellia (Focal models don't play well with my head shape). I will also add that the Z1R has a very respectable soundstage for a closed can.
Ditto !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back