Nakamichi IEM
Jun 16, 2010 at 9:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

takoyaki7

500+ Head-Fier
Anyone know anything about this?
  http://cgi.ebay.com/Nakamichi-NLE750BA-Balanced-Armature-In-Ear-Earphones-/360266663807?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Electronics_Portable_Audio_Accessories&hash=item53e191077f

It's the Nakamichi NLE750BA. I remember hearing good things about this brand back in the day, but can find no info about these...

Jun 16, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #4 of 41
I'm curious about these too... here is a bigger picture taken from mingo-hmw.com:

All I know is that they were released in 2009 (around September). I've had no experience with these but I've read some Chinese reviews with people finding them (sort of) bass light. Being a BA IEM they seem to be more analytical than the older Nakamichi NPE-550.

Jun 16, 2010 at 5:57 PM Post #7 of 41
OK, I think these are Chinese fakes for the following reasons:

1-This product is not listed on the Nakamichi homepage.
2-Google searches only pull this up pretty much from ebay.
3-$50 IEM's don't fit the Nakamichi company profile
4-They have a bluetooth headset that retails for $110 Euros, IEM's for $50 US?  I think not.

Jun 16, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #8 of 41

Quote:
OK, I think these are Chinese fakes for the following reasons:

1-This product is not listed on the Nakamichi homepage.
2-Google searches only pull this up pretty much from ebay.
3-$50 IEM's don't fit the Nakamichi company profile
4-They have a bluetooth headset that retails for $110 Euros, IEM's for $50 US? I think not.

Points taken, thank you. Although Mingo HK has a few different models...
http://www.mingo-hmw.com/home/search.php?encode=YTo1OntzOjg6ImNhdGVnb3J5IjtzOjE6IjAiO3M6ODoia2V5d29yZHMiO3M6MTA6Ik5ha2FtaWNoaSAiO3M6MTI6ImltYWdlRmllbGRfeCI7czoyOiIxNCI7czoxMjoiaW1hZ2VGaWVsZF95IjtzOjI6IjE4IjtzOjE4OiJzZWFyY2hfZW5jb2RlX3RpbWUiO2k6MTI3Njc0NDA3Mzt9

Jun 17, 2010 at 8:41 AM Post #9 of 41
No. Mingo has always been honest with me, and I have bought legitimate products from them, including my ESW10JPN. As far I am aware, they sell dealer goods, not parallel imports or fakes, and if anything, I think their goods are overpriced. Furthermore, the Bluetooth headset on mingo's page is on the Nakamichi website, under accessories. It is not unusual for a website to be missing regional models only sold in certain markets. The earbuds are sold in other reliable channels such as Broadway IIRC, big retail chains with reputations at risk, and if you know anything about Hong Kong, intellectual property rights have respect to a greater degree than the mainland and officials are more cooperative in their enforcement, if not 100% proactive.  The price profile does not fit their usual lifestyle image, yes, but nothing stops them from making cheap IEMs for the China market as a starter Nakamichi.

If you so want, I could verify with mingo when I go there tomorrow to pick up my OMX980, as well as confirm with the local Nakamichi dealer about the authenticity of these earbuds. Obviously, as a disclaimer, I am a simple Hong Kong law student with no financial ties to mingo, Nakamichi or any of the ebay sellers, nor I am interested in starting my own ebay shop. 

Jun 17, 2010 at 8:51 AM Post #10 of 41
Yep, Mingo is a very well respected HK dealer, which the owner himself is a well known headphone hobbyist.

Jun 18, 2010 at 7:30 AM Post #11 of 41
So I still wonder if these IEMs are any good?
confused_face(1).gif
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 27, 2010 at 7:14 AM Post #14 of 41

Quote:
What?!  Nakamichi makes a $50-$60 IEM???  I didn't think they made anything under $1000.  Joker, where are you man?!

Actually they do! Haha Check out
Nakamichi NEP-E100 In-Ear Earphone - Black 
If $49 (nearest to $50) counted too in SGD (Which will be in fact cheaper than USD >.<)

Its a Singapore Online Shop but yeah, more line-ups from Nakamichi that they carry here : http://treoo.com/store/by-brand/nakamichi.html

I am kinda curious about that Ceramic one though, If its really Ceramic Housing i would be curious how it sounds like~ Maybe might grab one if no one has them for review and the spare cash.

Sep 27, 2010 at 10:53 AM Post #15 of 41
Yes @ kendric, try that ceramic one out for us if you have the dough...lol. Actually, I am more hoping that you can go somewhere and audition it and report back to us young man.

Quote:
Actually they do! Haha Check out
Nakamichi NEP-E100 In-Ear Earphone - Black 
If $49 (nearest to $50) counted too in SGD (Which will be in fact cheaper than USD >.<)

Its a Singapore Online Shop but yeah, more line-ups from Nakamichi that they carry here : http://treoo.com/store/by-brand/nakamichi.html

I am kinda curious about that Ceramic one though, If its really Ceramic Housing i would be curious how it sounds like~ Maybe might grab one if no one has them for review and the spare cash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back