Naim Audio Uniti Atom Headphone Edition
May 17, 2022 at 10:36 AM Post #256 of 695
If you go via the Naim app, Server, Local Storage it works... But in my case with a regular HDD that holds 3tb worth of audio files it takes forever.

while it may work, i don't think these streamers are meant to be connected to tb or multi tb external hard drives. i have a large external hard drive which i use when listening to music through my computer (foobar2000>usb>teac 701n) but use a 512 gb usb flash drive, with a portion of my music, when using the teac sans cpu.

May 17, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #257 of 695
while it may work, i don't think these streamers are meant to be connected to tb or multi tb external hard drives. i have a large external hard drive which i use when listening to music through my computer (foobar2000>usb>teac 701n) but use a 512 gb usb flash drive, with a portion of my music, when using the teac sans cpu.
So besides using roon to stream your local drive, would UPnP work? I have no idea how that’s used. Roon works wonderfully but it does cost extra.

May 17, 2022 at 1:08 PM Post #258 of 695
i assume a nas drive configuration would work if you wanted to disassociate yourself from your desktop or laptop, but i am not sure how much faster 3tb of music would load to the music library (that is a lot of files). a usb flash is pretty easy to use and a few 100 gb loads fairly quickly (at least in the teac). i do so much of my listening at my computer that a usb connection directly to the unit's dac just makes sense; the flash drive playback function is a nice option in the evening. and this is really separate from streaming (tidal, qobuz, etc.) which i don't do much of but have the capability to.

edit -- but the nas would stream, so volume is irrelevant, unlike the usb flash which i believe loads all content when connected. big difference assuming that is right.

Last edited:
May 17, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #259 of 695
i assume a nas drive configuration would work if you wanted to disassociate yourself from your desktop or laptop, but i am not sure how much faster 3tb of music would load to the music library (that is a lot of files). a usb flash is pretty easy to use and a few 100 gb loads fairly quickly (at least in the teac). i do so much of my listening at my computer that a usb connection directly to the unit's dac just makes sense; the flash drive playback function is a nice option in the evening. and this is really separate from streaming (tidal, qobuz, etc.) which i don't do much of but have the capability to.

edit -- but the nas would stream, so volume is irrelevant, unlike the usb flash which i believe loads all content when connected. big difference assuming that is right.
I guess another solution would be a usb to coaxial converter to hook a pc directly up to the Naim. I have an old one I never used but tested on an iPad mini that has usb c and it worked. I was just testing out Apple Music but decided a hard wired connection made no sense. But could see using something like that if the Naim is next to your computer. I think the playback controls still work on the remote but not sure. Album artwork didn’t show.

May 21, 2022 at 4:59 PM Post #260 of 695
The most convenient match
Future Trends Streaming
20220521_092112~2.JPG

Jun 21, 2022 at 1:30 PM Post #262 of 695
Hi All,

I’ve read on the Naim forums that most owners of Uniti Atom HE have left it to burn in for approximately 50 - 60 hours before it opened up.

This might sound like a silly question, but I’m still quite new to all this, when letting the Uniti Atom HE burn-in do you keep the volume at a low, mid or high level during the burn-in process?

Jun 29, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #265 of 695
Has anyone encounter a dropout problem when listening to music via usb port ?
It happens on mine on the last 10 seconds of songs when playing music on an USB key through server mode (otherwise no album art on direct usb browsing).

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2022 at 10:50 PM Post #267 of 695
If anyone is looking for an Atom HE, Naim just sent me a new one as a replacement, I dont need it anymore so will be selling it.

Cheers

Aug 5, 2022 at 2:05 AM Post #268 of 695
Your previous one was defective ?

Aug 5, 2022 at 7:39 AM Post #269 of 695
Long story the previous one got damaged and naim couldn’t get the parts to fix it. So they replaced it with a new one.

Aug 6, 2022 at 8:26 AM Post #270 of 695
Hello,
I recently reached out to Naim to have some specs i can’t find, it is Preamp output voltage.
Indeed at first i have been listening to Meze Elite directly from the Naim atom HE. This summer i had the chance to listen again to a great amp i i use to own, the Auris ha2 with Utopia and it was really nice.
Si i just got this amp back to my set-up, and yes the amplification is improved to my ears. There’s more transparency and impact.

But setting the volume at 100% with the Naim i got clipping with the headphone. The sweet spot is around 70% volume and the result is very good. Anyway, there’s a load the Tube amp can’t take, and i am interested to know how many volts come out from preamp…if someone has this information could you please share?

Meanwile they gave me an information about headphone power output i share here:
« The maximum single-ended power outputs are 89mW/600ohm (voltage limit), 1190mW/32ohm and 2225mW/8ohm (current limit) »

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back