Naim Audio Uniti Atom Headphone Edition
Apr 6, 2024 at 7:34 PM Post #692 of 695
The single ended vs the balance out sound different due to their wiring with the grounding separated. It’s mostly effects the soundstage being wider and better separation on the balanced. Otherwise they’re the same volume and tone.

But how is wifi vs Ethernet different? Other that Ethernet providing a solid connection no matter what. But this unit has one of the best wifi signals and have never had an issue in my place. Would think the different connections would make no difference in sound?

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 5:15 AM Post #693 of 695
Hey guys,

I have the Focal Elear which I bought in the year it has been released and I am still very happy with it. I originally tested it with Naim CD player and Chord Hugo TT and it sounded great in all areas, treble, mids, bass, soundstage, dynamics. I was happy with all aspects important to me. Compared it at time with a wide variance of models, eg. Sennheiser HD 800s, Beyerdynamic DT1990/T1, Hifiman 560/1000 and others.

But my electronics at home are ... well, meh :). I was using Harman Amp and CD player, bass and soundstage good, mids a bit veiled and some sibilance. At that time I developed a liking to listen to streamed music via my old Acer Multi Media Notebook which sounded way better than with my Harman equipment which is driving my Dynaudio Countour speakers.

With my HP Notebook the Elear sounds completely broken, sibilant, metallic, no bass, strange mids, 1-dimensional, no soundstage like a 10 EUR headphone.

With my iphone and Dragon Fly Red DAC there is no sibilance, voices clear but narrow soundstage, lacking bass and lacking dynamics.

It's told that Focal Headphones are easy to drive, that might be true for the power needed but apparently electronics have a huge impact on the sound quality of this headphone ranging from absolutely broken to fantastic.

I was considering to upgrade my equipment with Naim Uniti Nova to drive my Dynaudio Contour speakers and listened to it with a range of Speakers like Avantgarde Accoustic horn speakers (good sounding), T+A Talis (great), Focal Kanta (meh sounding), Focal Sopra (great!), and other cheaper models which I didn't like.

I wanted to drive my Focal Elear with the Naim Uniti Nova as well but the sound was so completely broken again as with my HP Notebook. I was so disappointed because the Nova sounds great with my speakers and several others I listened to.

At that time the Naim Atom HE was not existing.

Now my question is: did someone listen with Naim Atom HE and Focal Elear and what is your impression?

Best!

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 8:46 AM Post #694 of 695
Hey guys,

I have the Focal Elear which I bought in the year it has been released and I am still very happy with it. I originally tested it with Naim CD player and Chord Hugo TT and it sounded great in all areas, treble, mids, bass, soundstage, dynamics. I was happy with all aspects important to me. Compared it at time with a wide variance of models, eg. Sennheiser HD 800s, Beyerdynamic DT1990/T1, Hifiman 560/1000 and others.

But my electronics at home are ... well, meh :). I was using Harman Amp and CD player, bass and soundstage good, mids a bit veiled and some sibilance. At that time I developed a liking to listen to streamed music via my old Acer Multi Media Notebook which sounded way better than with my Harman equipment which is driving my Dynaudio Countour speakers.

With my HP Notebook the Elear sounds completely broken, sibilant, metallic, no bass, strange mids, 1-dimensional, no soundstage like a 10 EUR headphone.

With my iphone and Dragon Fly Red DAC there is no sibilance, voices clear but narrow soundstage, lacking bass and lacking dynamics.

It's told that Focal Headphones are easy to drive, that might be true for the power needed but apparently electronics have a huge impact on the sound quality of this headphone ranging from absolutely broken to fantastic.

I was considering to upgrade my equipment with Naim Uniti Nova to drive my Dynaudio Contour speakers and listened to it with a range of Speakers like Avantgarde Accoustic horn speakers (good sounding), T+A Talis (great), Focal Kanta (meh sounding), Focal Sopra (great!), and other cheaper models which I didn't like.

I wanted to drive my Focal Elear with the Naim Uniti Nova as well but the sound was so completely broken again as with my HP Notebook. I was so disappointed because the Nova sounds great with my speakers and several others I listened to.

At that time the Naim Atom HE was not existing.

Now my question is: did someone listen with Naim Atom HE and Focal Elear and what is your impression?

Best!
I haven't heard Elear, but Atom HE drove all my focal cans well. I have no doubt that it can push your Elear to the max performance.

Apr 10, 2024 at 9:56 AM Post #695 of 695

Best!
I have the Atom HE and Focal Elear, Stellia, og Utopia, among other headphones. The Atom HE is a solid performer, the Elears not so much. While I enjoyed the Elears when I bought them I rarely use or enjoy them anymore. At purchase time they were a step up, now a big step backwards. IMHO you will not be satisfied with an Elear/Atom HE pairing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back