Naim Audio Uniti Atom Headphone Edition
Mar 3, 2024 at 4:03 PM Post #676 of 695
Is there a way that you can switch between headphone out and line out on remote or cellphone app? I had to press the button on the unit everytime which was a bit annoying.
There is no button on the remote or way to do this in the app. Sadly, the only other way to switch is if you remove the headphones from the front jacks. If you use XLR, you have to manual change as well.

Mar 5, 2024 at 6:47 PM Post #677 of 695
I was playing many headphones with Naim in the past two weeks, LCD5, Stealth, E3, D9200, HD650, Empyrean, Clear OG, and I finally heard Utopia OG on it. I really think they sounded the best and were just meant to pair each other.

I figured the best way to listen to this amp is to forget about details, layers and stuffs, but just sit down and enjoy music. Most headphones works fine on this amp, but focal ones are the best.

Another thing I figured is that this unit sounds the best on its own. I tried the following combination

1. Mojo2->Naim->headphones
2. T+A DAC200->Naim->headphones
3. Anthem AVM70->Naim->headphones
4. Naim->speaker amp
5. Naim->Anthem AVM70->speaker amps and subs
6. Naim-> Niimbus US5PRO

None of these sounds good to me. Losing clarity, dynamics or musicality. When it works as an all-in-one unit, it would be a pleasure to listen and relax.

Correct me if I'm wrong :)

Mar 5, 2024 at 7:10 PM Post #678 of 695
I was playing many headphones with Naim in the past two weeks, LCD5, Stealth, E3, D9200, HD650, Empyrean, Clear OG, and I finally heard Utopia OG on it. I really think they sounded the best and were just meant to pair each other.

I figured the best way to listen to this amp is to forget about details, layers and stuffs, but just sit down and enjoy music. Most headphones works fine on this amp, but focal ones are the best.

Another thing I figured is that this unit sounds the best on its own. I tried the following combination

1. Mojo2->Naim->headphones
2. T+A DAC200->Naim->headphones
3. Anthem AVM70->Naim->headphones
4. Naim->speaker amp
5. Naim->Anthem AVM70->speaker amps and subs
6. Naim-> Niimbus US5PRO

None of these sounds good to me. Losing clarity, dynamics or musicality. When it works as an all-in-one unit, it would be a pleasure to listen and relax.

Correct me if I'm wrong :)

I agree that the Naim as the DAC/amp is best. I use a CDT to the coax to spin some discs.

Mar 5, 2024 at 7:46 PM Post #679 of 695
One thing to add. This unit is really the king for convenience and simplicity. Almost anything could be controlled by the app/Roon. Support almost all major streaming services. Just enough inputs/outputs, small in size but still sounds good. I don't think there is anything on market coming close to this regardless the price. Maybe there are something from Matrix.

The only thing I want but missing, I really hope the app/remote is able to switch between headphone outs/line outs, but this is minor.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2024 at 11:43 AM Post #680 of 695
Hey everyone,
It's been a while since I've shared anything here, but I couldn't resist chiming in after experiencing so much love for the Naim Uniti Atom HE lately. Let me tell you, this unit has stolen my heart even more than before.
Let's start with convenience – it's unparalleled. With the Naim Uniti Atom HE, you get everything you need except USB connectivity. But who needs USB when you have streaming and optical inputs? Especially if you're dealing with a noisy PC setup like mine.
Currently, my go-to headphone is the HD800S – the Irish-made gem. Before that, I've dabbled with a plethora of headphones, from the HD650 to Focal Stellia, from Dan Clark Stealth to Audeze LCD series, among others. But none have captivated me quite like the HD800S, especially for my varied use case of gaming, YouTube, and music streaming via Roon and Tidal.
Now, onto my setup. Picture this: Wireworld Electra 7 copper power cable feeding into the Naim Uniti Atom HE, connected to my PC via Wireworld Supernova 7, and further enhanced with Wireworld silver eclipse XLR cables, ultimately leading to my choice of speakers or the HD800S.
Let's delve into the heart of the matter:
  1. The Naim Uniti Atom HE is not just another piece of audio equipment; it's an experience. It may not boast the highest resolution or the most cutting-edge technology, but the sheer joy it brings is unmatched. I find myself effortlessly immersed in full albums or individual tracks, reveling in every note. There's something intoxicating about its sound signature that keeps me coming back for more.
  2. Over the years, I've had the privilege of trying out some of the top-tier gear on long-term loans – Chord Dave, TT2, Hugo2, Sonnet Pasithea to name a few. While some setups like the Dave + WA33 surpassed the musical enjoyment offered by the Naim Uniti Atom HE, they came with a hefty price tag and a fair share of inconveniences. For me, the Naim's characteristic enjoyment factor outweighs the need for absolute technical prowess.
In summary, the Naim Uniti Atom HE embodies pure enjoyment for me. It seamlessly integrates into my gaming and movie sessions while providing a musical experience that keeps me glued to my seat. Paired with the HD800S, it's my endgame setup. I haven't felt the urge to explore new gear for over two years – a testament to its allure.
So, if you're in search of audio bliss, give the Naim Uniti Atom HE a shot. It might just steal your heart like it did mine.
Cheers!

Mar 23, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #681 of 695
Also for people who needs playback from PC, please try Bluetooth. It's not the best for music, but definitely good enough for working, gaming and movies. More importantly, no noticeable latency to my ears.

Mar 23, 2024 at 1:46 PM Post #682 of 695
Hey everyone,
It's been a while since I've shared anything here, but I couldn't resist chiming in after experiencing so much love for the Naim Uniti Atom HE lately. Let me tell you, this unit has stolen my heart even more than before.
Let's start with convenience – it's unparalleled. With the Naim Uniti Atom HE, you get everything you need except USB connectivity. But who needs USB when you have streaming and optical inputs? Especially if you're dealing with a noisy PC setup like mine.
Currently, my go-to headphone is the HD800S – the Irish-made gem. Before that, I've dabbled with a plethora of headphones, from the HD650 to Focal Stellia, from Dan Clark Stealth to Audeze LCD series, among others. But none have captivated me quite like the HD800S, especially for my varied use case of gaming, YouTube, and music streaming via Roon and Tidal.
Now, onto my setup. Picture this: Wireworld Electra 7 copper power cable feeding into the Naim Uniti Atom HE, connected to my PC via Wireworld Supernova 7, and further enhanced with Wireworld silver eclipse XLR cables, ultimately leading to my choice of speakers or the HD800S.
Let's delve into the heart of the matter:
  1. The Naim Uniti Atom HE is not just another piece of audio equipment; it's an experience. It may not boast the highest resolution or the most cutting-edge technology, but the sheer joy it brings is unmatched. I find myself effortlessly immersed in full albums or individual tracks, reveling in every note. There's something intoxicating about its sound signature that keeps me coming back for more.
  2. Over the years, I've had the privilege of trying out some of the top-tier gear on long-term loans – Chord Dave, TT2, Hugo2, Sonnet Pasithea to name a few. While some setups like the Dave + WA33 surpassed the musical enjoyment offered by the Naim Uniti Atom HE, they came with a hefty price tag and a fair share of inconveniences. For me, the Naim's characteristic enjoyment factor outweighs the need for absolute technical prowess.
In summary, the Naim Uniti Atom HE embodies pure enjoyment for me. It seamlessly integrates into my gaming and movie sessions while providing a musical experience that keeps me glued to my seat. Paired with the HD800S, it's my endgame setup. I haven't felt the urge to explore new gear for over two years – a testament to its allure.
So, if you're in search of audio bliss, give the Naim Uniti Atom HE a shot. It might just steal your heart like it did mine.
Cheers!
You’ll have to pry the Naim Atom HE from my dead fingers before I part with it 🔥😎

Mar 23, 2024 at 6:05 PM Post #683 of 695
If only they had designed it to play nicely with IEMs also …

On a more serious note, agreed with the above. Resolution may not be Chord tt2 levels but the Naims ability to synergies and pair anything enjoyably is a real treat.

Mar 23, 2024 at 10:15 PM Post #684 of 695
Also for people who needs playback from PC, please try Bluetooth. It's not the best for music, but definitely good enough for working, gaming and movies. More importantly, no noticeable latency to my ears.
You could also get an usb to optical or coaxial converter. I’ve even used one with an iPad for Apple Music.

Not sure if read this right but thought I saw usb input support coming from the streaming board manufacturer. This was listed with their Tidal Max update. But it’s up to Naim in the end on what they want to implement. These updates were just made available to Naim a few weeks ago and someone got feedback that Tidal Max should be available within the first 6 months of this year. So any of these other features may be available then too. The Naim HE streaming platform is the same as their high end streamers, so in best interest for Naim to offer customers as much as possible. Link also list a few upcoming features for their following update like new classical streaming service.

https://www.streamunlimited.com/titanium-the-latest-streamsdk-update/

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 3:51 AM Post #685 of 695
I use optical connection for youtube, gaming and movies. Streaming for Roon and Tidal.
This way I can still watch some videos while listening to music (exclusive mode in Roon or Tidal does not allow video to be played).

Mar 25, 2024 at 3:15 PM Post #686 of 695
Under the digital board.

Attachments

• IMG_2152.jpeg
    IMG_2152.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Apr 1, 2024 at 9:01 AM Post #687 of 695
For have used both on the HE, ethernet is really very superior to wifi, a major upgrade

Apr 5, 2024 at 4:08 PM Post #688 of 695
Rly?
I literally find Wi-Fi to be better but I might be weird - I prefer 6.3mm to 4.4mm for my HD800S. However, for my Genelec G three I prefer XLR outputs instead of RCA.

Apr 5, 2024 at 6:15 PM Post #689 of 695
Rly?
I literally find Wi-Fi to be better but I might be weird - I prefer 6.3mm to 4.4mm for my HD800S. However, for my Genelec G three I prefer XLR outputs instead of RCA.
To my understanding, all outputs on Atom HE should be the same signal.

Apr 6, 2024 at 12:50 PM Post #690 of 695
Back xlr are not same.

6.3 and 4.4 are same signal tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back