NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton?
Oct 30, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #1,456 of 3,345
+100.

I was looking at an upgrade to my HP50's and realised I would have to spend at least twice what they cost and even then it would be nowhere near twice the sound quality.

They did however concentrate on the sound and not the build quality. A Viso HP50 with Philips Fidelio build quality and the world would beat a path to their door.

Oct 30, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #1,457 of 3,345
  +100.

I was looking at an upgrade to my HP50's and realised I would have to spend at least twice what they cost and even then it would be nowhere near twice the sound quality.

They did however concentrate on the sound and not the build quality. A Viso HP50 with Philips Fidelio build quality and the world would beat a path to their door.

Yep, the build quality and style does not match the sound quality (let down by that headband and small earpads) and you'll never get a rep on here responding to all the "free beta testers".
The only thing they lack IMO, is the micro-detail that planar magnetic headphones offer.

Oct 31, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #1,458 of 3,345

Yep, the build quality and style does not match the sound quality (let down by that headband and small earpads) and you'll never get a rep on here responding to all the "free beta testers".
The only thing they lack IMO, is the micro-detail that planar magnetic headphones offer.

Speaking about reps how do you give someone a rep. Many people here have assisted me greatly and I would like to thank them by doing so.

Also could you clarify what you mean by responding to the beta testers comment. Forgive my ignorance.

Oct 31, 2014 at 1:32 AM Post #1,459 of 3,345
  Speaking about reps how do you give someone a rep. Many people here have assisted me greatly and I would like to thank them by doing so.

Also could you clarify what you mean by responding to the beta testers comment. Forgive my ignorance.

Just hit the thumbs up bottom right of the post you like.

I was being sarcastic, I just mean the exterior design is unfinished and could be great with a few design alterations...snug headband and bigger earpads/hole.
But some find the earpads/headband OK. I didn't.

Before you could pick these up dirt cheap from Taobao focus buying agent. They were B grade stock due to the VISO brand on the headband being off-center. They were real cans.

Oct 31, 2014 at 2:06 AM Post #1,460 of 3,345

Just hit the thumbs up bottom right of the post you like.

I was being sarcastic, I just mean the exterior design is unfinished and could be great with a few design alterations...snug headband and bigger earpads/hole.
But some find the earpads/headband OK. I didn't.

Before you could pick these up dirt cheap from Taobao focus buying agent. They were B grade stock due to the VISO brand on the headband being off-center. They were real cans.

Ah, sarcasm, gotta admit I'm a bit like Sheldon Cooper when it comes to that. 

Oct 31, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #1,461 of 3,345
[...] I just mean the exterior design is unfinished and could be great with a few design alterations...snug headband and bigger earpads/hole. But some find the earpads/headband OK. I didn't. [...]

I'm convinced that the physical design of the HP 50 was assigned to someone who is not a headphone listener.  I realize you probably can't accommodate everyone, but that headband... good grief, what were they thinking?

Oct 31, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #1,463 of 3,345
  I'm convinced that the physical design of the HP 50 was assigned to someone who is not a headphone listener.  I realize you probably can't accommodate everyone, but that headband... good grief, what were they thinking?

Parrot Zik is almost identical except it spreads the weight right across the head. Check out google images of it...nearly identical band.

Oct 31, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #1,464 of 3,345

Parrot Zik is almost identical except it spreads the weight right across the head. Check out google images of it...nearly identical band.

True, it looks similar. I'd never noticed.

Happily, as you indicate, it acknowledges the curve of the human head.

Nov 2, 2014 at 3:38 AM Post #1,465 of 3,345

The best review I've read that describes the HP50's is http://www.technoheadphone.com/headphones_earphones/nad-viso-hp50-review-king-300-headphone/

Thanks! The HP50 is a great headphone IMO 
beerchug.gif

Nov 2, 2014 at 4:57 AM Post #1,466 of 3,345
This technoheadphone fella is kinda strange - NAD is "purer", but he prefers B&O H6 for cleaner highs?
So what does he mean in purer?

Anyway, my 5 cents to NAD vs others comparison:

I have Shure SRH1540, HP50, UE6000 and V-Moda (also ATH M50, but no comparison yet).

IMHO Shures have distant/recessed mid/vocals and some distracting mid-bass hump.
Really nothing special, and I'm going to sell them.

NAD is the most balanced out there, yet sometimes I want just a little more bass, that's why I bought all the others.
Also they are the closest is signature to HE500 which is very good (but no match for office use).

UE6000 has excellent amount of mids/bass, just the treble is a slightly recessed. Also much less sensitive than others.

V-Moda is really too colored, to compare it with any of aforementioned. Don't get a listen at all.
Also for sale.

Nov 2, 2014 at 5:30 AM Post #1,467 of 3,345
This technoheadphone fella is kinda strange - NAD is "purer", but he prefers B&O H6 for cleaner highs?
So what does he mean in purer?

Anyway, my 5 cents to NAD vs others comparison:

I have Shure SRH1540, HP50, UE6000 and V-Moda (also ATH M50, but no comparison yet).

IMHO Shures have distant/recessed mid/vocals and some distracting mid-bass hump.
Really nothing special, and I'm going to sell them.

NAD is the most balanced out there, yet sometimes I want just a little more bass, that's why I bought all the others.
Also they are the closest is signature to HE500 which is very good (but no match for office use).

UE6000 has excellent amount of mids/bass, just the treble is a slightly recessed. Also much less sensitive than others.

V-Moda is really too colored, to compare it with any of aforementioned. Don't get a listen at all.
Also for sale.

NAD for purely sound quality while the H6 for overall build and comfort + sound. NAD is more natural but I feel that H6 is cleaner. :)

Nov 2, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #1,468 of 3,345

The best review I've read that describes the HP50's is http://www.technoheadphone.com/headphones_earphones/nad-viso-hp50-review-king-300-headphone/

Thanks! The HP50 is a great headphone IMO 
beerchug.gif

I love your website. Your review of the HP50 is very organized, and having heard the B&O H6 before, I wanted something similar to it and your review helped me pull the trigger. No regrets on this headphone.

Nov 2, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #1,470 of 3,345
  For those using Viso with a phone, do you use a portable DAC as well, or rely on the built in DAC of your phone?

Also, is anyone using this with a DAP - Fiio X5 or Ibasso DX90? How does it sound?

I use HP50 with iBasso DX50 and for me they sound fantastic. I allso have AKG K545 with Brainwavz HM5 Thick Memory Foam Earpad, but I prefer NAD HP50. Best regards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back