NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton?
Aug 21, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #1,366 of 3,345

IME if you're wearing closed headphones in any kind of warm(ish) environment,
or while moving about,
they'll get pretty hot inside the ear cushions.

The V Moda XS, Beyerdyamic T51p, and similar headphones with small ear cushions
make for a much cooler ride. 

I know, that is why I bought the XS! Not to mention, love NAD, have owned several pieces of NAD kit over the years, including my current M3, but the HP50s were just to goofy looking for public wear. At first I didn't think so, but over time I just couldn't wear them without feeling self-conscious. Shame, great sounding headphone that does nothing really wrong, and several things really right!

Aug 25, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #1,367 of 3,345
Is there an easy way to rewire these to balanced? Can't seem to find a DIY

Aug 31, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #1,368 of 3,345
So I found this article in WiHiFi: 

From http://www.wifihifi.ca/LatestNewsHeadlines/Sunset,Sunrise:LenbrooksBigShift.html

From the article:

"There are some new NAD 'phones on the way, including the HP30, an on-ear model at $229, and the HP70, a noise-cancelling Bluetooth model at $399."

Does anyone know anything about these future NAD releases? Release date or other info? Thanks.

Aug 31, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #1,369 of 3,345
  So I found this article in WiHiFi: 

From http://www.wifihifi.ca/LatestNewsHeadlines/Sunset,Sunrise:LenbrooksBigShift.html

From the article:

"There are some new NAD 'phones on the way, including the HP30, an on-ear model at $229, and the HP70, a noise-cancelling Bluetooth model at $399."

Does anyone know anything about these future NAD releases? Release date or other info? Thanks.

Every headphone I have owned has noise cancelling, I just turn up the volume until the background can't be heard
biggrin.gif

Aug 31, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #1,370 of 3,345
Aug 31, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #1,372 of 3,345
Sep 1, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #1,373 of 3,345
  Hearing loss will also cancel out noise.

Hearing loss will also save your wallet because you no longer have to spend on this hobby.

Update: The HP-50 somehow feels comfortable (or just got used to it) now, but for some reason I feel the left side is more comfortable than the right, hmm...

Sep 1, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #1,374 of 3,345
Hearing loss will also save your wallet because you no longer have to spend on this hobby.

Update: The HP-50 somehow feels comfortable (or just got used to it) now, but for some reason I feel the left side is more comfortable than the right, hmm...

Same thing happened to me with one side feeling tighter than the other (also getting a better seal and not losing it as easier). My eventual solution was to wear them with the headband one click more extended on both sides. For some reason that evened out the pressure... worth a shot :)

Sep 1, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #1,375 of 3,345
Same thing happened to me with one side feeling tighter than the other (also getting a better seal and not losing it as easier). My eventual solution was to wear them with the headband one click more extended on both sides. For some reason that evened out the pressure... worth a shot :)

Same thing here. The right side was uncomfortable. I noticed that the R pad had the seam on the bottom, while it was on top on the L pad. So I removed the R pad and rotated it 180 degrees. Problem solved!

Also, it's more comfortable for me when I angle the pads forward just a bit on the earcup. 

Sep 3, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #1,378 of 3,345
Same thing here. The right side was uncomfortable. I noticed that the R pad had the seam on the bottom, while it was on top on the L pad. So I removed the R pad and rotated it 180 degrees. Problem solved!

Also, it's more comfortable for me when I angle the pads forward just a bit on the earcup. 
In my case both L and R's pad have the seam at the bottom, think they're the same since my left is okay with the seam at bottom? Maybe you think too much :b

Tried expanding both side by 1 click as well but it felt so lose on my head I can't live with it.

Now I am experimenting with just the right extended by one click more, need more time to find out.

By the way I also think it's more comfortable when I angle the headband backwards, however it slides off pretty easily.

Journey to the comfort fit.

Sep 3, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #1,379 of 3,345
In my case both L and R's pad have the seam at the bottom, think they're the same since my left is okay with the seam at bottom? Maybe you think too much :b

Tried expanding both side by 1 click as well but it felt so lose on my head I can't live with it.

Now I am experimenting with just the right extended by one click more, need more time to find out.

By the way I also think it's more comfortable when I angle the headband backwards, however it slides off pretty easily.

Journey to the comfort fit.

Another thing you might try is putting something under the pads to raise them up a little more which gives the ears a little more room. I used the tubing you use to keep fly screen in the window frame but I also imagine small diameter tubing would work. Then just tuck it in around the full circumference. I find that greatly improved the overall comfort...

Sep 7, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #1,380 of 3,345
I've only noticed it now, but the headband of my HP50 doesn't seem to be parallel to the earcups.

I mean, if I put the earcups on a flat surface, as it originates from the hinge, the band goes a little off by 5-10 degrees from parallel.

Nothing big really, but now that I saw it, it somehow bothers me.

Is this a defect? or intended?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back