Nad D Range
Feb 26, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #121 of 172
I got a harmony 350 remote, all I can make it do is switch the D1050 on and off... I cannot even make it change inputs, any ideas? I have tried remapping buttons etc. does not do anything at all other than switch it on / off :frowning2:

Feb 26, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #122 of 172
  I got a harmony 350 remote, all I can make it do is switch the D1050 on and off... I cannot even make it change inputs, any ideas? I have tried remapping buttons etc. does not do anything at all other than switch it on / off :frowning2:

I've read somewhere that you should set the device as a D3020, not a D1050, to get the extra codes that will also work with the D1050.

Let us know if that turns out to be the case.

Feb 26, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #123 of 172

I've read somewhere that you should set the device as a D3020, not a D1050, to get the extra codes that will also work with the D1050.

Let us know if that turns out to be the case.

I tried the 3020 as well, still doesn't do anything except turn the dac on / off :frowning2:

Says to add commands I need the original remote to "teach" the harmony remote.. But the D1050 doesn't have a remote.

Feb 26, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #124 of 172

I tried the 3020 as well, still doesn't do anything except turn the dac on / off :frowning2:

Says to add commands I need the original remote to "teach" the harmony remote.. But the D1050 doesn't have a remote.

Try adding the D 3020's next/prev input command to a button or softkey and see if that changes the input. Also, are you saying that not even the volume control works?

Finally, are you sure you haven't disabled remote input on your D 1050? I know this was something added to the latest (2.7?) release.

Feb 26, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #125 of 172

Try adding the D 3020's next/prev input command to a button or softkey and see if that changes the input. Also, are you saying that not even the volume control works?

Finally, are you sure you haven't disabled remote input on your D 1050? I know this was something added to the latest (2.7?) release.

I have tried adding the buttons manually and it doesn't work, also tried installing it as 7050, 3020 and 1050, I do have FW 2.7 so that might be the reason, but then the remote control still works to switch it on and off but nothing else eg. changing inputs or volume.

Feb 26, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #126 of 172

I have tried adding the buttons manually and it doesn't work, also tried installing it as 7050, 3020 and 1050, I do have FW 2.7 so that might be the reason, but then the remote control still works to switch it on and off but nothing else eg. changing inputs or volume.

That's discouraging... I have an NAD C 375BEE and I've been using the remote with the D 1050. I was hoping a Harmony remote would work. You should try adding an NAD integrated amp to the Harmony (e.g. C 375) and see if that works.

For example, power on/off will be the same, volume will be the same, but the input are something like:

CD - coax 1
MP - coax 2
Tuner - does nothing
DISC/PHONE - opt 1
AUX - opt 2
TAPE (?) - USB 

... I don't have the remote in front of me, but that's how I recall they map to the D 1050 input settings.

See if that works. If not, then I would suggest resetting the D 1050 to factory defaults and/or re-loading the 2.7 software, because that means that your unit isn't accepting IR codes.

Feb 27, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #127 of 172
I tried resetting it but still no cigar... Not sure I want to risk flashing the firmware backwards after reading  someone bricked 2 of them flashing backwards, I have already had it freeze on me twice when messing about with it, but luckily unplugging power lead reset / fixed it both times. Think I will leave it alone as I like it too much to break it and have to go through RMA

Must say though that after a couple of months using the D1050 I still think it is an awesome headphone amp and DAC, best quality I have heard... Only thing I would change is that the headphone jack mutes the RCA out so it is a bit inconvenient... But I don't think there are any dac/amps that you can switch between headphones and RCA via remote / button.

The treble on the D1050 is so nice... It is not dull or boring but at the same time seems like it has a little troll in the DAC which eats all the sibilance and other  treble nasties leaving you with a completely pristine and natural sounding treble.

Feb 27, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #128 of 172
Upgraded to the 7050 this week having owned the 3020 for over a year. Nice upgrade, more refined sound and the extra features are welcome. I like controlling everything from my Android phone now lol.

Mar 2, 2015 at 12:37 AM Post #129 of 172
  I tried resetting it but still no cigar... Not sure I want to risk flashing the firmware backwards after reading  someone bricked 2 of them flashing backwards, I have already had it freeze on me twice when messing about with it, but luckily unplugging power lead reset / fixed it both times. Think I will leave it alone as I like it too much to break it and have to go through RMA

Must say though that after a couple of months using the D1050 I still think it is an awesome headphone amp and DAC, best quality I have heard... Only thing I would change is that the headphone jack mutes the RCA out so it is a bit inconvenient... But I don't think there are any dac/amps that you can switch between headphones and RCA via remote / button.

The treble on the D1050 is so nice... It is not dull or boring but at the same time seems like it has a little troll in the DAC which eats all the sibilance and other  treble nasties leaving you with a completely pristine and natural sounding treble.

Did you try using the NAD C 375 settings on your Harmony to control the D 1050? Just curious if you were able to make that work.

Mar 2, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #131 of 172

I think I tried the C375, nothing works I gave up in the end :frowning2:

I have a C 375 remote and it controls the D 1050 just fine. You should call your dealer and/or NAD for support to see what's going on with your unit.

Mar 2, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #133 of 172
  Someone said something about NAD disabling remote commands in new firmware? I have the latest firmware (2.7) so it could be that? Why they would do that I have no idea :/

That was me... there is an option with the new F/W (2.7) to disable the IR remote. Review the release notes from the latest F/W (see the NAD product site). I am guessing that somehow your's is turned off. Should be reversible.

Mar 2, 2015 at 6:42 AM Post #134 of 172

That was me... there is an option with the new F/W (2.7) to disable the IR remote. Review the release notes from the latest F/W (see the NAD product site). I am guessing that somehow your's is turned off. Should be reversible.

When you are flashing it using the NAD flashing program? Hmm do you know if it is enabled by default? I have no idea why they would want to remove remote commands. I will give it another go but I tried for about an hour got ******* off with it and gave up.... Would be nice if I could get it to just change inputs even.. all it will do at the moment is turn on / off with remote, I have a harmony 350 remote.  I might send a message to NAD support and see what they say about it.

Mar 2, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #135 of 172

When you are flashing it using the NAD flashing program? Hmm do you know if it is enabled by default? I have no idea why they would want to remove remote commands. I will give it another go but I tried for about an hour got ******* off with it and gave up.... Would be nice if I could get it to just change inputs even.. all it will do at the moment is turn on / off with remote, I have a harmony 350 remote.  I might send a message to NAD support and see what they say about it.

Ahhh... I just looked again at the F/W release notes and I don't see anything like I described above. That is, there is a procedure to disable auto power down, but I don't see anything to disable the IR receiver. I may have steered you in the wrong direction - I really recalled reading something like that, but now I can't find it.

That said, my D 1050 does work with the C 375BEE remote I have, so there should be hope - if you can get NAD support to respond and get help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back