NAD 3155 and Senn 6x0?
May 28, 2010 at 9:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

newprof

Head-Fier
Here's another from the endless supply of driving Senn questions. I have been driving my 325is with an NAD 3155 and I've found that the integrated NAD does a fantastic job. My only comparisons are a total bithead and a styleaudio carrot topaz, but my impression is that the NAD handily beats both. As compared to the topaz, for instance, the soundstage is much wider and the bass is more defined. I'm tempted to get either a HD 600 or HD 650 to compliment my 325is. Does anybody have any thoughts about how the NAD could handle the Senns? As far as sheer power goes, I know there will be absolutely no problem: I normally have to engage the "low level" button to even bring the volume up to 3 PM when I listen to the Grados.

I'd certainly appreciate any thoughts! Thanks in advance.

Jun 2, 2010 at 8:28 AM Post #2 of 3
There'll be no trouble driving the Senns from a technical point of view. From a synergistic point of view, the NAD may not have a sufficiently open treble to be a perfect match to the Senns; however, I'm judging from more recent NADs and I could be wrong.

I'm not surprised you prefer your integrated to dedicated amps as all the comparisons I've done have led me to the same conclusion: a good stereo integrated (NAD, Marantz, Yamaha, Rotel) is usually at least equal and often superior to a dedicated around the same price. And since of course there are so many good integrateds on Ebay, and since an integrated is so much more versatile, it's pretty much a no-brainer.    

Users who are viewing this thread

Back