Mytek Liberty DAC/amp
Sep 21, 2019 at 10:13 PM Post #31 of 35
Has anyone paired the Liberty with the HeadAmp Gilmore Lite? I’m loving the ZMF Verite opens from the Gilmore Lite with chord mojo as DAC. I had some store credit from an audio retailer and thought I’d spring for a desktop DAC. Even though there’s an amp on the Liberty I am thinking I’ll still use the Gilmore Lite unless the Liberty amp blows me away.

Sep 21, 2019 at 10:45 PM Post #32 of 35
I owned a Liberty. The amp is just OK, nothing special. A Schiit Magni 3 is better. At the price of the Liberty you can't expect an exceptional amp built in.

Sep 27, 2019 at 7:33 PM Post #33 of 35
Just unboxed the Liberty and connected to the Gilmore Lite amp. Sounds great! Definitely sounds better out of the Gilmore Lite than using the Liberty built-in amp.

Im considering a LPS like Sbooster. A question about LPS: does a LPS boost low end and provide wider soundstage only insofar as you are using the Liberty amp, or do these benefits accrue even if using a separate amp?

Sep 27, 2019 at 8:30 PM Post #34 of 35
The improvement offered by an Sbooster is subtle. Benefits accrue if using a separate amp. The most highly regarded LPS is the Uptone JS-2 but it costs almost as much as the Liberty. Before putting that much money in an LPS consider sending the Liberty back and buying a Matrix Audio X-SABRE Pro MQA DAC instead. You would have an MQA capable DAC that does not need a separate LPS and sounds better than the Liberty.

Oct 28, 2019 at 12:06 AM Post #35 of 35
using a linear astron power supply it's made a very noticeable difference. The IEC plug is absolute garbage as far as making the Liberty sound sub par. To get the most out of the Liberty dac you must use a linear power supply. There really isn't any other solution to maximize sound quality.

The Liberty Dac section is acceptably refined and well controlled as far as treble is concerned. There is not shear high frequencies to create fatigue.

Just recently I've been doing some switching around on my two channel setup. I purchased a Parasound Pre amp for my 2 channel stereo. I was not anticipating anything great about the onboard ESS Sabre 32 - ES9018k2m but the I'll say it sounds more rich, refined and organic in comparison to the Liberty dac. I have compared the liberty and I feel the liberty is still a clean sounding DAC with open sound stage. I have yet to year enjoyable harmonics with excellent note decay with solid state.

I'll say the only way for anyone to improve the DAC setup is to consider a tube section in their system for more intimate vocals. Rock and electronica you can easily enjoy the Mytek Liberty dac.

I will say using an old Stello U3 feeding coax to the Mytek liberty the sound is warmer, minimally less detailed to reduce that intense hyper detail sound. Going that route really makes a huge difference in a more analog sound which is more convincing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back