Mytek Liberty DAC/amp
Feb 2, 2018 at 12:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

tskiller

New Head-Fier
I didnt see any thread so I figured I'd start one. Anybody know anything about the Mytek Liberty Dac?

https://mytekdigital.com/professional/products/liberty-dac/

copying the specs over:

SPECIFICATIONS :

CONVERSION:
up to 384k, 32bit PCM, native DSD
up to DSD256, DXD, 130dB Dynamic Range

MQA HI-RES DECODER:
built in certified hardware
MQA™ decoder

AUDIO INTERFACE FUNCTION:
All digital inputs can
be routed into computer via USB2. Allows connection
of external digital sources such as CD Players and
digitizing ADCs.

DIGITAL INPUTS:
USB2 Class2 (OSX, Linux driverless,
all formats), AES/EBU (PCM up to 192k, up to DSD64 DOP), 2x S/PDIF (PCM up to 192k, up to DSD64 DOP), Toslink/ADAT 2x S/PDIF (PCM up to 192k, up to DSD64 DOP)

ANALOG OUTPUTS:
1 pair of unbalanced RCA, 1 pair of balance TRS, TRS To XLR Metropolis Cable can be added as option

HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER:
Reference High Current, High transient Headphone Amp, 300mA, 3 Watts, single unbalanced headphone jack, designed to drive hard to drive headphones, 0.1 Ohm impedance

CLOCK GENERATOR:
Low noise with 10ps of jitter

FIRMWARE:
Upgradable via USB via Mytek Control panel

OPTIONAL DC/BATTERY POWER INPUT:
12VDC

DIMENSIONS:
WxDxH=5.5x8.5x1.74”=140x216x44mm

WEIGHT:
3lbs, 1.5kg

WARRANTY:
2 years

It checks a lot of boxes for me honestly, if the price is good this may be a very tempting all in one. You can route the digital inputs into your computer. MQA support if thats your thing, DSD25, balanced out. Pretty small, too!

Feb 4, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #2 of 35
20180204_080822.png

Feb 6, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #4 of 35
With an enclosure that small and using a switching power supply probably a good idea to budget an extra $380 for an external LPS. Anyone even heard this is Mytek even shipping yet?

Feb 20, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #7 of 35
Did anyone hear this at CanJam NYC? I tried for a while, but, as was common at many tables, in my experience on Sunday, Tidal kept buffering due to the wi-fi reception. I gave up after around 10 minutes of waiting.

Feb 21, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #8 of 35
I heard it only briefly, and while it sounded good, I was not able to listen critically, so am not sure how it would sound out in the real world. I was very disappointed by the cheap look and feel compared to the Brooklyn and Manhattan.

Apr 9, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #11 of 35
Add me to this thread. Am interested to see if they will have teething problems like the Pro-ject 2s
Hello Dexs l saw your post regarding teething problems of the pro ject s2. I had one but had to send it back it played with foobar and tidal but stopped after about 1hour to 2hours of playing with spotify and Amazon music. I tried reinstalling the software still would not play with spotify and Amazon music. Your thoughts?

Apr 26, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #13 of 35
I just got a Liberty and also own a Brooklyn DAC+. After six hours warm up it sounds pretty damn good especially on MQA files. I am using an Sbooster 12V LPS. Will update after it burns in for a week.

Apr 27, 2018 at 12:29 AM Post #14 of 35
How are you using the Brooklyn dac? I am having problems that mytek can't solve at the moment. I am using my Brooklyn straight to the computer playing spotify or Amazon music where the it keeps hanging up. I believe it is their windows drivers l am using windows 10 your thoughts?

Apr 27, 2018 at 8:46 AM Post #15 of 35
Using Windows 7 here, no experience with Spotify or Amazon Music sorry. You might try changing the priority of the process to see if that helps. In Windows 7 Tidal can have MQA dropouts unless you give programs priority over background processes for both the Liberty and DAC+:

priority5.jpg

You can always update your drivers. Consider using Tidal or Qobuz instead of Spotify or Amazon. Another thing to try is stopping all programs and just running Spotify only with your firewall and antivirus programs turned off to see where the conflict is. My setup is PC > Schiit Eitr > S/PDIF input on Brooklyn or Liberty.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back