Mytek Liberty DAC/amp
Apr 27, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #16 of 35
There are no issues with tidal except for the drop outs as you mention but it plays. If you don't mind can you download the spotify free version if you don't have it and try letting it play with the dac+ and see how long you get continuous play from your computer to the dac + with no devices in between. I experienced hang ups with windows 7 Also it would be interesting to see the results. As l said mytek knows there are driver issues.
Thanks

Apr 27, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #17 of 35
Anyone with the mytek Brooklyn or liberty dac can you try using the spotify free version on a Windows computer straight to the Dac using the Us b out on the computer to the usb in on your dac and let it play continuous and see how long it plays. I believe you will get hang ups. The message (can't play the current song)
Thanks

Apr 27, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #20 of 35
Thanks please let me know once again from computer to the Dac no devices in between usb to usb.
Just to let you know just got off the phone with mytek l was at their Brooklyn location twice this week and they duplicated this problem on other dacs. They are only 20 mins from where l live. So when l have problem l go straight to them.

Apr 29, 2018 at 12:48 AM Post #21 of 35
I was unable to recreate the issue running my liberty with windows 10. It played for a couple of hours with no issues. I was using spotify free edition on my late 2013 13" MacBook Pro using windows 10 on a bootcamp install. usb plugged into the side of the computer.

Apr 29, 2018 at 1:22 AM Post #22 of 35
I was unable to recreate the issue running my liberty with windows 10. It played for a couple of hours with no issues. I was using spotify free edition on my late 2013 13" MacBook Pro using windows 10 on a bootcamp install. usb plugged into the side of the computer.
Thanks for your feedback however you have Mac even though using Windows 10 the way you were. I still would like for someone to try on a pc as mytek and myself continue to duplicate this issue using a pc. However on a Mac we did not experience this issue.

Apr 29, 2018 at 1:36 AM Post #23 of 35
I just got a Liberty and also own a Brooklyn DAC+. After six hours warm up it sounds pretty damn good especially on MQA files. I am using an Sbooster 12V LPS. Will update after it burns in for a week.
If you are using a pc not a Mac would you be willing to try spotify free edition with your Brooklyn dac and let it play using the usb out on the pc to usb in on the dac nothing in between. Try letting it play for a few hours and see if it hangs up. I am experiencing this problem and mytek is a where it. Trying to find more users with the issue. Even my dealer experienc experienced it.
Thanks.

May 1, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #26 of 35
I’ve read that the balanced out is a plug only not true balanced. What?

No it's fully balanced. Just uses a different connection .It still uses 3 contacts to achieve balanced. Instead of a three pronged xlr, it uses trrs quarter inch which has three contact areas . No biggie, just need a cable configured this way or an adapter .I actually have cables that are trrs 1/4 to standard xlr. Nothing exotic....

May 13, 2018 at 3:10 AM Post #27 of 35
Anybody have impressions to share about the onboard headamp? "High Transient, High Current" sound very appealing. And the original Brooklyn supposedly has a very good headamp built in. My guess would be that it is just half of what's in the brooklyn. Being a DAC first, nobody is really talking about the headphone amp stage, but I imagine its better than my Arcam rHead, right? Perhaps not.....

If you have impressions or can point me to some, that would be most helpful and appreciated.

May 13, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #28 of 35
Anybody have impressions to share about the onboard headamp? "High Transient, High Current" sound very appealing. And the original Brooklyn supposedly has a very good headamp built in. My guess would be that it is just half of what's in the brooklyn. Being a DAC first, nobody is really talking about the headphone amp stage, but I imagine its better than my Arcam rHead, right? Perhaps not.....

If you have impressions or can point me to some, that would be most helpful and appreciated.

Sorry to report that the head amps built in to the DAC+ and Liberty (I own both) are listenable, but nothing special. You can get better sound quality using an outboard Magni 3 or Vali 2. You buy a Liberty or Brooklyn for the MQA; not the built in head amp.

Jun 11, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #29 of 35
I’m considering the Liberty DAC and a pair of headphones over the DAC+. I asked in the Brooklyn thread and got a tiny bit of first hand experience comparison that they are close with a tiny bit more resolve on the DAC+.

Anyone have a more detailed comparison? I’m leaning towards the HD800 or Eikon and Liberty but the feature set of the filters and higher end chip with preamp and phono amp capabilities is a consideration.

Thanks in advance for any insight. I will be using a Sennheiser HDVA600 amp via balanced cables. Right now I have Atticus and HD650.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back