1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Mytek Brooklyn Thread

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by watchdog507, Mar 6, 2017.
First

Back
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
19 20 21 22 23
Next

Last
  1. captblaze
    no problem. I forgot to mention it comes with a few (maybe 6) different size ends. so I guess it has a purpose beyond just powering the DAC

2. Kerwin515
    Yup! There's nothing like powering a $100 router with a $400 linear power supply. :wink:

alphanumerix1 and captblaze like this.
  3. AlanU
    What filtering block? there’s a thread on Audiogon regarding the ICT PCM 12 ADL as a DC conditioner. Many here are probably not DIY folks.

4. AlanU
    Look up RS-20m with less than 5mv ripple if not less :wink:. A lot less than rip off “audio grade” basic Ac to DC converters.

5. Kerwin515
    I looked at it, but I wouldn't even know how to connect that to the B+. Also, the box is too bulky for my liking. Looks really sharp and something I'd hurt my feet on on a regular basis. :wink:

6. captblaze
    this thing

20181115_200400852_iOS.jpg

7. captblaze
    also...

I have given the 1.23 firmware a second chance and revise my opinion from it flattened my system out to I will give it some more time

8. AlanU
    All you need to do is make sure you have positive voltage on the center of the male 2.5mm dc jack..

9. Kerwin515
    I'm just noticing this with the new firmware: Volume resets to 0db when turning it on. Anyone else notice this too?

Daniel Lodewyk likes this.
  10. Kerwin515
    I submitted a support ticket over the weekend. Looks like I found a bug. This was their response:

Hello Kerwin,

Sorry for your inconvenience. It seems that you discovered a bug. I will inform our R&D team about that.

Thank you for letting us know.

Best regards
    Wojtek

11. vintinfinity
    Mine does not reset the volume to zero. It stays where I left it.

Are you fully removing power or just shutting it down into standby mode?

12. crayons23
    I am not having this issue either but I am just using it In bypass mode

13. Kerwin515
    Just to standby mode.

14. Daniel Lodewyk
    I just recieved my SBooster for my Mytek Brooklyn DAC. The first song I played I noticed a pretty big difference.

I am looking forward to leaving this in my system for a while and then switching back to see if I miss it. So far I feel that especially with the headphone amplifier section of this amplifier it is making a huge difference.

I am listening with my Mr. Speakers Aeon Closed and a Mytek XLR 4 pin adapter. :gs1000smile:

:L3000::darthsmile:

15. crayons23
    That's good to hear! I just ordered one today myself. Do you use the S booster in addition to the power cable of your choice or in replacement of?

Daniel Lodewyk likes this.
First

Back
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
19 20 21 22 23
Next

Last