Mytek Brooklyn DAC stuck in start screen
Jun 12, 2020 at 2:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

3sash33

New Head-Fier
I bought this DAC from Mytek during Oct 2018 and it worked fine after I got it. But soon after that it has been sitting around powered off for all this time now. I recently powered it up after I got my setup all organized. But it is stuck in starting screen with a spinning logo. I am able to connect from PC using the controller app and update the firmware, which was already at latest version. But the problem persists and when i connect a headphone I do not hear any audio. I was not expecting to. But I wanted to check.

Has anybody seen this issue with this unit ? This is DAC and not DAC+ unit. Trying to get help from their customer support is not getting me anywhere. I would like to salvage the unit if possible especially since I hardly used it.

Many Thanks
d

Jun 12, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #2 of 15
Perhaps try to roll-back the firmware. My guess is the latest firmware you may have loaded is not for your older build.

Did you follow these steps?
"How to update the firmware: Start Mytek Control Panel application. The program ("General" tab / "Firmware" section) will show you the current revision of your unit, and whether it needs an update or not. If so, then simply press the "Load firmware file" button to find the firmware file (Mytek_BrooklynDAC_firmware_v.2.xx.mfb). Next click "Update" button. A progress bar will indicate when the flash process is finished. The DAC will reset itself. Before using restore the Brooklyn DAC to factory settings. A reboot of the computer is not necessary. When the update fails: Disconnect power cord. Press and hold the first (from the left) button and connect the power again. The DAC will start in Bootloader mode - the logo will start blinking. The flash process should then be tried again."

Be sure to grab the correct firmware for your OS.

https://mytekdigital.com/hifi/support/

Be sure to check if you have the DAC or DAC+ version.

Jun 12, 2020 at 11:47 AM Post #4 of 15
The firmware actually did not need the update. It was on latest when i saw this problem. I updated it to the same version anyway to see anything would change.

NA Blur, what's the display off command ?

Jun 12, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #7 of 15
i opened a ticket got an initial response that i will given a RMA for them to look at it. it has been a week since then. i followed up again last night. will see.

Try calling them directly for faster response, (347) 384 - 2687. I've had good experience w/ their support, mine was just a minor inquiry on my Brooklyn Bridge though. Good luck!

Jun 18, 2020 at 4:50 PM Post #10 of 15
Let's hope you get fixed up quickly. Please let us know!

Jul 4, 2020 at 1:33 AM Post #12 of 15
Turns out some liquid got through the cover probably from a spill and rusted out some of the contacts. The board needs to be replaced. Should have kept it on a shelf or something instead of the desk. oh well.

Jul 4, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #13 of 15
Thanks for updating. Sorry about the spill. I almost never drink anything near my gear after frying a few keyboards in the past. Coffee kills! :frowning2:

Aug 21, 2020 at 2:35 AM Post #15 of 15
Thanks for updating! Great to hear they were able to repair it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back