Mystery Box Review
Aug 10, 2002 at 7:01 AM Post #61 of 102
I'm not sure how it worked out like this, but somehow I have both Mystery Boxes. I feel like I have ultimate Mystery Box power, and that if I could just figure out how to combine the CDs in the right manner, I could control the whole world. Muhahahaha.

I'm an idiot.
rolleyes.gif

Okay, seriously. That's a lot of CD's!!! Nevertheless, I'm hoping to have them both sent out to the next designees sometime next week. I also have about 20 more discs to add - I'll try and divide them up evenly between the two boxes.

Gotta go - I have a lot of listening to do!
tongue.gif

Aug 12, 2002 at 2:19 AM Post #62 of 102
Sorry guys, I tried to keep that from happening.

John, talk to me before shipping them so keep straight who is getting which box. I will try to get an updated list put together by Monday afternoon.

Aug 12, 2002 at 5:22 AM Post #64 of 102
That's the plan. But be patient - Bubba and DC haven't had any boxes yet. Watch your mail for the update list for both boxes tomorrow.

So, Clubkill, other than the fact that its Hamma-Time, you never told us what you found worth keeping.

Aug 13, 2002 at 2:14 AM Post #67 of 102
Maybe DC and I could switch off boxes, so I don't end up with 80+ cds to go through in a week.

Aug 13, 2002 at 2:10 PM Post #68 of 102
Watch your mail, Bubba. I'm doing just that (you and DarkClouds need to send John your correct address pretty quick.) I just sent out the updated list.

And again, if you are reading this for the first time and would like to join, send the following info to Audio_Redneck at hotmail.com:

Name
Shipping Address
Ph. Number at that address

and we'll put you on the lists.

We also want:
A credit card number
Social Security Number
Drivers licence number
And a notorized statement giving me power of attorney to all of your finacial affairs.
biggrin.gif
evil_smiley.gif

(But if your nice well let you on with just the Name, Address, Phone number
wink.gif
)

(I gotta be careful - I think one guy I told that too took me serious)

Aug 18, 2002 at 12:57 AM Post #69 of 102
Mystery Box 2 went out yesterday to CaptBubba. I took four discs (a Borders sampler for myself - I know, what's wrong with me?), a techno thingy for my brother, and a hard-rock and techno single for a buddy. I added 14 discs. This box is packed full right now!

I've been having some trouble e-mailing DarkClouds, so I still haven't got an address for him yet. I'm going to Private Message him here at head-fi. Subsequent to getting his address, I'll send Box 1 out to him sometime this week. I took two discs from this (Eagles and Bruce Hornsby single) and added 14 discs. This box is also full up!

Aug 19, 2002 at 9:18 PM Post #71 of 102
I got box 2 today. I've got some serious listening to do... Hopefully I can get it turned around quickly, and even though I am a pilot member, I plan on adding a few cds to it, allthough it will probably leave with less than it came with.

andrzejpw, I guess you'll find out if there is or not soon.

Aug 20, 2002 at 4:30 AM Post #72 of 102
CaptBubba, I put some good stuff in there - I hope you like it!!!
biggrin.gif

DarkClouds, I still have not received a mailing address from you. I'm really only able to mail the box out on Fridays or Saturdays. If I don't hear from you before this weekend, I may not be able to get the box out to you before next week.

Aug 20, 2002 at 8:27 PM Post #73 of 102
Well, I just spent entirely too much time listening to music, and have already made my selections.

Here's how it goes:

Box came with 48cds.
I put in 7 as a pilot.
I took out 5
I put in two more.
total leaving: 45cds.

But now there is a problem, I wen through this much faster than I thought I would, and it looks as though again both boxes will be going to one person. Help?

Aug 20, 2002 at 8:29 PM Post #74 of 102
What did you take out??

Aug 20, 2002 at 8:40 PM Post #75 of 102
Wait, sorry, put three discs in, so it will leave with 46 discs.

I took out:
King Crimson: Lizard
Jean-Luc Ponty: Cosmic Messenger
Acoustic Alchemy: Reference Point
Josh Groban: Josh Groban
Yes: Close to the Edge

I wanted to take more out, but I had to keep thinking about how much it would suck if I found something awesome in the other box and couldn't take it because I had taken too many cds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back