Mystery Box Review
Jun 12, 2002 at 3:37 PM Post #16 of 102
What's a matter andrzejpw? Feel like that big eye is stareing at you?
biggrin.gif
(I just love the Twilight Zone!)

Now about the postman: you could always pretend you were a rotweiler.
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 12, 2002 at 3:37 PM Post #17 of 102
I hope you are not like me waiting every day for a package from Tower Records that never comes. They told me I must wait until the 21st for them to resend it. I head home each evening hoping that my new CDs arrive only to be disappointed by the onslaught of bills and junk mail.

Jun 12, 2002 at 3:41 PM Post #18 of 102
I feel the same way about a pair of Alessandro MS-1's I was trying to buy from Jon Belin. He vanished after our last conversation two weeks ago. I am hoping he's alright and just went on a summer vacation (I can get MS-1s elsewhere, but you guys are irreplacable)

I also bought a record off of ebay around the end of March. It was around the end of April before I got it. My secretary and the postman were answering my question before I could ask it.

Jun 12, 2002 at 3:57 PM Post #19 of 102
Quote:

Originally posted by Audio Redneck
What's a matter andrzejpw? Feel like that big eye is stareing at you?
biggrin.gif
(I just love the Twilight Zone!)

Now about the postman: you could always pretend you were a rotweiler.
evil_smiley.gif

hmmm, rotweiler eh?
cool.gif

Anyone else like me? When I'm expecting a package I really want, I keep on prancing around the door, waiting for UPS/FedEx/Mail?

Jun 12, 2002 at 5:15 PM Post #21 of 102
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
DOH!

Nothing came.
frown.gif

So it really is like the Twilight Zone...Where the guy who loves to read ends up being the last man on earth and finds himself in a library. the trouble is that he drops his glasses and in the process of feeling around for them he steps on them. All those books and no glasses......

You have those nice 580s and a CMOY and no new CDs to listen to.

Look at the sign post up ahead...you have just entered,
THE TWILIGHT ZONE!

do do do do do do do do

Jun 12, 2002 at 5:57 PM Post #22 of 102
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
DOH!

Nothing came.
frown.gif

I am a Soothsayer. Didn't I predict your boxes would not come?

However, When I returned to my desk from giving a talk what did I find but the Mystery Box. So as I return to work I am auditioning the ones I do not know (Most of them).

Better Luck Tomorrow

Jun 12, 2002 at 9:04 PM Post #24 of 102
I will be sending the box on by Friday. I am adding a few promotional cds in addition to a few regular releases. The promotional items cannot be bought through regular channels and are little treasures if you follow the artist. I am saving some for the next round as well.

Jun 13, 2002 at 10:31 PM Post #26 of 102
The box became the center of attention today at work even with the requirement to contribute 1 CD for looking. Everyone is now anxiously awaiting the next box even though it is some time away. I think we are up to about 10 CDs added.

I will still try and ship it tomorrow but it may be Saturday as I have a project that needs to be done tomorrow.

Jun 17, 2002 at 2:36 PM Post #29 of 102
Quote:

Originally posted by mikeg
I'd like to join the Mystery Box group, but need info on how do so. I sent Audio Redneck an e-mail, but no answer yet.

Never got your e-mail. YGPM

Jun 17, 2002 at 4:03 PM Post #30 of 102
Mystery Box 2 Update. {EDIT}

It is on its way to 2channel. A number of people at work took a look and swapped out CDs. We ended up taking out 6 and adding 13 New ones for a net increase of 7. Should of shipped Friday but one guy here promised (and delivered) to add 3 more if I waited until Monday morning to ship it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back