"Mystery" Amp
Feb 22, 2007 at 12:57 AM Post #511 of 570
the red light comes on and it is still red, I have tried opening it but evrything seemed allright to my untrained eye, checked if the battery connected and it looks fine, but then again I'm an absolute noob in that area..
thanks for your input

Feb 22, 2007 at 2:17 AM Post #513 of 570
Alberto, you're going to help fix Claus's Chinese X-1? Wow, that's pretty nice of you to help him with a competitor's product
icon10.gif

Feb 22, 2007 at 2:44 AM Post #514 of 570
I should have checked further back in the forum before jumping in, too eager to assist.

Well, perhaps there is this after all an opportunity here, repairing competitors products for a price. NOT!

Feb 22, 2007 at 7:40 AM Post #516 of 570
Quote:

Originally Posted by Claus-DK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nope nothing happens, been charging for over 10 hours now, I'm sending it back tomorrow

Mine did the same thing.

I had to send it back (but I didn't have Alberto helping me).

Feb 22, 2007 at 12:49 PM Post #517 of 570
While chatting with my chinese ebay seller, he informed about the new Xtra X1 pro and that he would have them in a month. He promised to email me once he recieves them, meanwhile I googled around and this is what I found on a chinese forum. Couldn't translate it, neither babelfish nor google worked.
Here is the actual link with more pics and graphs.

23_233423.jpg

23_233424.jpg

Feb 22, 2007 at 2:55 PM Post #518 of 570
sweet! That looks nice, i was inclined to buy an X1, but if the Pro version is coming soon, I'd rather wait for it
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 22, 2007 at 4:24 PM Post #519 of 570
Man, I love my X1. I can't wait to hear some comparisons with the Pro.

Feb 23, 2007 at 4:34 AM Post #520 of 570
hmm this looks tempting but 3 or 4 ppl are mentioning problems, and i rather not have to deal with this kind of hassles.....tough tough decision..to buy or not to buy....

Feb 23, 2007 at 5:39 AM Post #521 of 570
Quote:

Originally Posted by xenochimera /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm this looks tempting but 3 or 4 ppl are mentioning problems, and i rather not have to deal with this kind of hassles.....tough tough decision..to buy or not to buy....

Remember that you'll hear more problems than praises more often than not. Personally, I've had nothing but smooth sailing with my X1.

Feb 23, 2007 at 4:47 PM Post #522 of 570
I have no knowledge of DIY and circuits, can somebody with experience comment on the technical differences between the X1 Pro and the standard version? If there is any at all.

If I guess (can't read) the chinese thread correctly they will be selling for 950 Yuan, thats around 123$ and at the end probably will be sold for 200$ in the US and EU with all the markup.

Now I don't really care about the internal design as long as there is an audible improvement over the standard version. They can sparkle Holy Water on the standard and call it the pro version, but if they do sound better to me and can compete with similar priced portable amps I am definitely buying one (no actually I will sparkle mine with Holy Water instead
wink.gif
).

None the less it is still interesting to know what they did internally by doubling the price, so DIYers some inputs will be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back