MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY
Dec 19, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #1,216 of 1,383
Hello,
Thank you for questioning, this point seems to be still not clear to many, so I will post my anser also at MYSPHERE 3.1 "FAQ's":

• The power of 60mW RMS pink noise is related to the maximum excursion of the very soft driver membrane only and means continuous long term power. (Pink noise has a crest factor of 12).
  • Whereas the thermal limit of the driver is 4 watts! So if you would use the driver as a tweeter, this would be the maximum power.
  • So the maximum peak power is not limited to the electric power, it's just a limit by the excursion of 4mm peak/peak. But as it is designed very robust, you can overload it up to a level where you hear loud distortions, and the driver will not be damaged at all. (Different to a metal ribbon).
  • To better understand: It's just if you would driver a bass speaker driver which is designed for a cavity, but you drive it without a cavity.
  • DC current is no issue as MYSPHERE 3 has protection bipolar capacitors inside. But these caps are limited to 8 volts.
Just let me know if there is something to clarify more.
BR heinz
Pink Noise Power- or Voltage-Crest-Factor?

12 would be typical for Power I guess, with a Peak/RMS ratio of ca. 11dB = 0.7 W peak power related to the spec’s 0.06 W.
A Voltage Crest Factor of 12 would be quite high, almost 22 dB, or a peak power of 9.5 W.

Is it the same Pink Noise that is on the USB-stick?
It has about 11 dB Peak/RMS = Power Crest Factor of 12

One more question:
I read in a review the USB stick would contain an individual measurement file, “to ease replacement of a driver without sending to the manufacturer“:
https://www.lowbeats.de/test-lb-acoustics-mysphere-der-hover-ear-kopfhoerer/
scroll down to “Lieferumfang...” or search USB-Stick

This is either wrong information or the data are missing on mine.

Dec 19, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #1,217 of 1,383
Hello,

First about crest:
Your assumption is fully correct.
And the pink noise is exactly the one on the usb stick.

Second about the measurement files:
On the beginning we put this files to the stick. But as this measureds are special file formats, we stopped this service. However, if drivers would be defective, we still just need the serial number to pair with a new one. But also this service was not necessary as the drivers are very rarely defect and mostly by mechanic failures caused which effected mostly both drivers anyway.

Br heinz

Dec 27, 2021 at 6:11 PM Post #1,218 of 1,383
@hrklg01 Hi Heinz, I am thinking about getting an aftermarket cable for the MySphere 3.1. Can I use the regular dual 3.5mm cable by plugging both connectors into the headphone, or does it have to be the single 3.5mm cable like the stock? Thanks!

Jan 3, 2022 at 12:55 PM Post #1,221 of 1,383
The connection scheme is :
Tip... Left +
1st ring... Right +
2nd ring... Right -
Back... Left -
This is true for both sides of the headbow connectors.
So, you cannot use a standard y-cable without to change the connection scheme in it.
Best regards Heinz
Fortunately the choosen connection scheme allows the use of simple unbalanced 3.5 mm - 1/8” TRS cables.

Funny enough by chance I found a good quality TRRS cable, that I bought for another purpose, working reliable in combination with a 6.3 mm to 3.5 mm adapter too.
Just had to find an adapter out of my collection that links with Ring2 AND Sleeve. like this:
1642231779042.jpeg

The angled plug is just what is needed on the headbow side.
THIS WILL NOT WORK ON iPHONE, but at a price of 8 bucks it can be worth a try for your player,
https://smile.amazon.de/gp/product/B01K3WYA4G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
1641232274975.jpeg

This is the standard 3.5 mm TRS from the same line which works with all devices:
https://smile.amazon.de/CableCreation-rechtwinklig-Klinkenstecker-Smartphones-Lautsprecher-Schwarz-weiß/dp/B01K3WY136/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=10DA8PPXT8OQR&keywords=CableCreation+3.5+mm+TRS&qid=1641235015&s=ce-de&sprefix=cablecreation+3.5+mm+trs,electronics,111&sr=1-2-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExN1NHTDI3Wko4TUk4JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNzQxMDkyVkUwREhQSlNERVRMJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAzODg2MjFRT0dSWUVGOFRIT1kmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl&th=1

1641235261578.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2022 at 8:21 AM Post #1,225 of 1,383
Taking the 3.2s out for a spin with the Shanling M30 with its new power amp module. Running on Turbo Mode at volume 32. Very nice indeed.

FE3F1F7C-C156-4C19-95FE-0F9E80C741A7.jpeg

Jan 31, 2022 at 7:47 AM Post #1,226 of 1,383
Having a nice evening listen with the MySphere 3.2 off the Shanling M30. Such a wonderful portrayal of the music. I think I will pick up the 3.1 as well for a different sound signature.

@hrklg01 Wonderful piece of art! I look forward to getting the 3.1 as well. For a different vision of the music. :)

9F90C2A7-4120-41E7-9031-F7822A9208FE.png

Jan 31, 2022 at 7:54 AM Post #1,227 of 1,383
hello @Kiats ,
Thank you for your statment and in deed The MYSPHERE 3 offer pure natural sound experience if:
a) The recording is done well and natural
b) The source is capable to drive the headphone with pek power (voltage swing).
If you are interested in an additional pair of MS3.1 you can chose between just ordering the additional MS3.1 sound-frames or the complete headphone.
Also you shall take into account that the MS3.1 sound different to the MS3.2 if the ampilfier does not offer a higher output impdance as typical solid state amps do.
If you like, we can lalk easely by phone: +436641218844 Whatsapp: Heinz Renner FB: MYSPHERE_Headphones
BR heinz

Jan 31, 2022 at 8:06 AM Post #1,228 of 1,383
hello @Kiats ,
Thank you for your statment and in deed The MYSPHERE 3 offer pure natural sound experience if:
a) The recording is done well and natural
b) The source is capable to drive the headphone with pek power (voltage swing).
If you are interested in an additional pair of MS3.1 you can chose between just ordering the additional MS3.1 sound-frames or the complete headphone.
Also you shall take into account that the MS3.1 sound different to the MS3.2 if the ampilfier does not offer a higher output impdance as typical solid state amps do.
If you like, we can lalk easely by phone: +436641218844 Whatsapp: Heinz Renner FB: MYSPHERE_Headphones
BR heinz
Thank you @hrklg01 !

Duly noted. I have already reached out to @Uncle Wilson from Jaben Singapore. :)

My 3 desktop amplifiers: Cavalli Liquid Gold, Phatlab RASA and the Shanling M30 have different gain stages as well. So I will be gentle with the 3.1. But I shall be able to drive the 3.1 with powerful DAPs like the new Shanling M9, the Luxury & Precision LP6 and the LP6 Ti 7th Anniversary.

What I am curious about is what you said: that the MS 3.1 sounds different from the MS 3.2 if the amplifier does not offer a higher output impedance as typical solid state amps do. Are you saying that the MS 3.1 can work with typical solid state amps as well? Don’t mind my curiosity. :)

🙏

Jan 31, 2022 at 8:02 PM Post #1,230 of 1,383
Thank you @hrklg01 !

Duly noted. I have already reached out to @Uncle Wilson from Jaben Singapore. :)

My 3 desktop amplifiers: Cavalli Liquid Gold, Phatlab RASA and the Shanling M30 have different gain stages as well. So I will be gentle with the 3.1. But I shall be able to drive the 3.1 with powerful DAPs like the new Shanling M9, the Luxury & Precision LP6 and the LP6 Ti 7th Anniversary.

What I am curious about is what you said: that the MS 3.1 sounds different from the MS 3.2 if the amplifier does not offer a higher output impedance as typical solid state amps do. Are you saying that the MS 3.1 can work with typical solid state amps as well? Don’t mind my curiosity. :)

🙏
I run my 3.1 beautifully with the DMP-Z1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back