MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY
Sep 9, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #16 of 1,383
........1989 was the year when the famous AKG K1000 was presented to the world market

...2015 more than two decades later the old R&D team came together again

...Adding young talents into a tiny company to show what is possible today

NOMAX

Ps.The official link to the landing page, product name and logo to be released on the 24th of September 2016 "

What is this teaser about?  Don't say I gotta wait until 9/24/16?!

Headphone sector sure going crazy lately!

Sep 11, 2016 at 3:25 AM Post #17 of 1,383

A NEW LEGEND IS BORN!

1989 was the year when the famous AKG K1000 was presented to the world market.
Finally it became one of the most sold and unique headphones in the high price - High End - segment. Till now very unique on this planet and still has it friends in the community.........A real Legend to this date

This K1000 was developed in the past by a small number of clever developers at AKG in Vienna.
2015 more that two decades later the old R&D team came together again! Adding young talents into a new tiny company to show what is possible today based on the latest technology, based on the similar open product design towards enormous spherical acoustic impression.

So now a new Legend is born!
With this new product on the market will every listener dive into it's own tonal and pure Sphere

NOMAX

PS.The official link to the landing page, product name and logo to be released on the 24th of September 2016 "

Sep 19, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #19 of 1,383
I'm quite sure that this "successor" is not AKG product (is not even from Harman).

I hope that i'm wrong.

Sep 20, 2016 at 4:58 AM Post #23 of 1,383

From Hifi Insider . com

http://www.hifiinsider.com/news/2016/9/10/akg-working-on-the-successor-to-the-legendary-k1000

AKG working on the successor to the legendary K1000?

September 20, 2015
In 1989, AKG Acoustics introduced to the world the AKG K1000 headphones. It became one of the most sold and most unique headphones in the high-end, high priced ($1200) segment. Its unique design gives the listener a musical experience like no other headphones in the world. When paired with a high power amplifier, the K1000 is regarded as one of the best sounding headphones of its time. The AKG K1000 is regarded as the legend of headphones today. A used pair commands between $1200–$2300 USD on eBay depending on the condition.

Our sources tells us that in 2015, a small number of clever engineers who worked on the K1000 at AKG in Vienna came together again accompanied by a few young talents in the company. They wanted to see what's possible today unitizing the latest technology - more than two decades later. Based on the similar open product design towards enormous spherical acoustic impression found in the original K1000.

We don't have any pictures or specs to share at this time. We were told to expect the sales price to be around $3500 Euro. Product name and logo to be released on the 24th of September 2016. Stay subscribed...

Sep 20, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #24 of 1,383
I hope the opposite, AKG is an schizophrenic clueless company, they could rival Sennheiser and...well, you know, a total waste of money and resources.

Well I kind of agree, with the direction akg is going now with the n90q (most terrible business decision), and the how recent x12 products are focusing on the bass and leaving out the mids. I'd still buy a k812 given that it was a very good deal

Sep 20, 2016 at 5:34 AM Post #25 of 1,383

[COLOR=FF0000]From Hifi Insider . com[/COLOR]

http://www.hifiinsider.com/news/2016/9/10/akg-working-on-the-successor-to-the-legendary-k1000

AKG working on the successor to the legendary K1000?

September 20, 2015

In 1989, AKG Acoustics introduced to the world the AKG K1000 headphones. It became one of the most sold and most unique headphones in the high-end, high priced ($1200) segment. Its unique design gives the listener a musical experience like no other headphones in the world. When paired with a high power amplifier, the K1000 is regarded as one of the best sounding headphones of its time. The AKG K1000 is regarded as the legend of headphones today. A used pair commands between $1200–$2300 USD on eBay depending on the condition.

Our sources tells us that in 2015, a small number of clever engineers who worked on the K1000 at AKG in Vienna came together again accompanied by a few young talents in the company. They wanted to see what's possible today unitizing the latest technology - more than two decades later. Based on the similar open product design towards enormous spherical acoustic impression found in the original K1000.

We don't have any pictures or specs to share at this time. We were told to expect the sales price to be around $3500 Euro. Product name and logo to be released on the 24th of September 2016. Stay subscribed...

It would have been nice if OP listed his source rather than acting like an insider... Hopefully it can stay under 3k without an exotic amp requirement so I can actually afford them... Hype!

Sep 20, 2016 at 7:47 AM Post #28 of 1,383
Thanks for the link. Curious...does nomax work at hifi insider?

No i am not working for Hifi Insider lol

Read the lines correct from my first posts....about this Headphones.......NOT FROM AKG....but from the Contributors and Engeniers of the K1000 in the Past

......the old R&D team came together again! Adding young talents into a NEW tiny company to show what is possible today based on the latest technology.....

Regards Nomax

Users who are viewing this thread

Back