my wife: "Are there any other games like Shadow of the Colossus?"
Aug 16, 2008 at 10:18 PM Post #31 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by floydenheimer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
TLJ! I was thinking hard trying to remember the name of that one, it's such an unknown classic!

No kidding. It can be had cheap too and it was translated in many different languages. The fact that it has a female lead might be a plus for the wife.

Aug 16, 2008 at 10:57 PM Post #32 of 38
I think the Resident Evil games are a good suggestion if you guys are into horror. For some reason I was always pretty entertained watching those games more than playing them...probably because playing them could get frustrating but watching was like watching a movie.

Aug 16, 2008 at 11:35 PM Post #33 of 38
Anything survival horror, such as Fatal Frame, Silent Hill 1 2 & 3, Resident Evil (the GameCube remake), Parasite Eve 2, Clock Tower 3, Rule of Rose, etc.

These games are just as fun to watch as they are to play. Every time I play through a survival horror title, friends invariably end up watching as if it were a movie.

Edit: Damn, beaten.

Edit 2: x2 on The Longest Journey and Dreamfall. Both are truly stunning games.

Chrono Cross is another game that's as much fun to watch as is to play. It's one of those rare Japanese RPGs that doesn't involve a lot of "leveling up" or grinding, and it has a very cinematic, artsy presentation. It's also stunningly pretty for a PSX game.

Parasite Eve (the original) is another very cinematic and eminently watchable game, though it's closer to a limited jRPG than survival horror like its sequel.

Aug 17, 2008 at 1:35 AM Post #34 of 38
Shadow really is an amazing game, and apart from ICO, there is nothing like it, at all. It has some horrid controls (in my opinion), but during a frantic dash to topple the 3rd colossus, I realised just how much emotion this game was causing me to feel, and from what, imprecise controls! It needs a remake on PS3 I think, just to keep it current for future gamers to play and appreciate.

One series that really works for watching another person play is the legend of zelda. Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, they should both be splendid games for you to play and your wife to watch. I myself remember watching someone else play ocarina of time, and it was quite entertaining.

(I see germania beat me to it
biggrin.gif
)

Jul 1, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #35 of 38
These are quite different than ico and sotc but they have a great artsy feel to it (as though youre watching a movie) :

1. LIMBO 
2. The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom
3. Botanicula :D
4. Myst series
5. Journey
6. Flower (kinda boring but beautiful nonetheless)
7. Catherine 

Id also recommend Prince of Persia The Sands of time (the sequels were all kinda meh except maybe PoP 2008 which isnt really a direct sequel to the series)

hooray for pre-historic thread bumps!

Jul 2, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #36 of 38
Quote:
Okami
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
Mark of Kri
Ratchet and Clank
Beyond Good and Evil

Beyond Good and Evil!!!

Jul 4, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #38 of 38
i think "to the Moon" is a great game to watch
it's not so graphic based . it's too easy for the game to be considered as a movie....

Hope the starter of the thread reads these posts....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back