my wife: "Are there any other games like Shadow of the Colossus?"
Aug 6, 2008 at 5:11 AM Post #16 of 38
I love Shadow of the Colossus. I honestly believe it to be one of the first games (and first major release in terms of critic acceptance and audience appreciation) which turn video games from craft to art. It might be going too far to say it is the Watchmen of the video game media but we will see...

When I saw the thread title I of course thought Ico immeadiatly but also Katamari Damacy as that is another game which is genuinly refreshing and innovative. Certainly not as cinematic as SotC though and you already seem to have played it.

Have you played either of the Jet Set Radio games? They are some of my favorites along with SotC and Katamari.

I have not played Okami myself but from watching a friend play it I second the recommendations.

additionally, as pure craft I think VF4 evolution (haven't had enough time with VF5 yet) is an amazingly well put together game. Absolute skill.

Aug 6, 2008 at 7:18 PM Post #17 of 38
Try Crysis ...the Graphics are the most realistic..but u need atleast Geforce 8800GT to run it decently

Aug 6, 2008 at 7:34 PM Post #18 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try Crysis ...the Graphics are the most realistic..but u need atleast Geforce 8800GT to run it decently

haha would it appeal to girls.. i don't think so..

Aug 6, 2008 at 9:21 PM Post #21 of 38
If you're talking adventure games, Indigo Prophecy (aka Fahrenheit) may be of interest. It's like CSI with mystic evil and stuff. Couldn't get into it personally, not a fan the genre.

Aug 6, 2008 at 9:39 PM Post #22 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike_TNT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Longest Journey is a gem although pc based. The follow up, Dreamfall, did have a few console ports.

TLJ! I was thinking hard trying to remember the name of that one, it's such an unknown classic!

Aug 16, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #26 of 38
^It's worth it!

I bought dreamcast just for Jet Set Radio. Xbox just for Halo 2. When people are upgrading to the new best thing (xbox to 360, Dreamcast to anything else) is the best time to buy one, but there must still be some pretty good deals on ebay.

Aug 16, 2008 at 7:32 PM Post #27 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Actual /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^It's worth it!

I bought dreamcast just for Jet Set Radio. Xbox just for Halo 2. When people are upgrading to the new best thing (xbox to 360, Dreamcast to anything else) is the best time to buy one, but there must still be some pretty good deals on ebay.

I got my dream cast free with that game. hated it soo much. also, i saw not some time ago on gizmodo that there was a really good deal on the 360 elite.

edit:
http://gizmodo.com/5037024/dealzmodo...xbox-360-elite
valid until Wednesday

Aug 16, 2008 at 7:38 PM Post #29 of 38
Quote:

"hated" !?!? You must not have been playing it right....

and how much did you pay for the game if the dreamcast was included for free?

lol no, my dad got the dreamcast, that game plus virtua fighter and another one for free. i played it for some time, but i didnt like it.

Aug 16, 2008 at 9:20 PM Post #30 of 38
Quote:

^It's worth it!

I don't doubt it. I just can't bring myself to it ATM. There are enough distractions as it is. Maybe when they make another sequel/prequel with SotC and ico all redone for the new consoles.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back