my wife: "Are there any other games like Shadow of the Colossus?"
Aug 6, 2008 at 12:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

trains are bad

Headphoneus Supremus
My wife and I typically watch a movies in the evenings, but a few weeks ago I played ICO and Shadow of the Colossus while she watched. She thinks it's about as good as watching a movie and recently asked me if there were any other games like ICO or SotC out there that I could play and she could watch, "games with a story" in her words.

I told her I have lots of games with stories (like FF*) but they are probably too long and probably not as fun to watch. Watching me chew through random battles in an RPG is probably not very cinematic. I'm out of touch with the videogame world and personally don't know what games (snes or ps/2) are out there. I only play what I consider quality and interesting games that interest me and I haven't seen one of those since Katamari.

Aug 6, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #5 of 38
Okami
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
Mark of Kri
Ratchet and Clank
Beyond Good and Evil

Aug 6, 2008 at 1:31 AM Post #7 of 38
I would agree with Kirosia with Okami. It is also a very artsy game.

ICO and Shadow are both very unique games. Their developer may announce their new title in the next few months at Toyko Game Studios and maybe release it for the PS3 sometime next year.

Aug 6, 2008 at 2:03 AM Post #9 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by jellojoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
secret of mana on SNES?

Well if we're going to go like that then Chrono Trigger, definitely.

Aug 6, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #10 of 38
You must be a better gamer than me. Even my 6-year old walked away from the tv when I spent an hour trying to kill the FIRST colossus. Then I walked away from the game. They need to put a "lose 20 times and then automatically advance" feature into these damn games.

Aug 6, 2008 at 3:28 AM Post #12 of 38
Quote:

You must be a better gamer than me. Even my 6-year old walked away from the tv when I spent an hour trying to kill the FIRST colossus.

confused_face(1).gif

I've played hard games, but SotC wasn't one of them. Nothing like beating MGS2 on extreme difficulty with no radar, no rations, no special items, no kills, no continues, no alerts and in under 3 hours.

But I'm totally looking into ookami. It looks pretty unique.

Aug 6, 2008 at 3:39 AM Post #13 of 38
Go rent "Reign Over Me", you not only get to see a great drama but also Adam Sandler and Don Cheedle playing Shadow of the Colossus on a giant projector on several occasions in the film. She'll love it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Syberia I and II are good adventure games and SOS : The Final Escape is also worth a try. The great adventure games are mostly on PC.

Aug 6, 2008 at 3:43 AM Post #14 of 38
Deus Ex. Best plot ever in any game ever. Ever.

Also Resident Evil 4, I've personally always found survival horror games much more fun to watch than to play.

0o0o0o and Grim Fandango, that games hilarity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back