my white beauty arrived~
Feb 6, 2006 at 6:46 PM Post #31 of 42
thanks, guys.
I need some time to say anything about k701 and this rig.
but for now, SR-71's doing its job very well. I'm very content with the sound this rig makes.
I think micro would be a good match with k701 also
-yeh(bill lumbergh version), I've not tried micro yet-
rolleyes.gif

thanks for your advice, mrarroyo.
I also think I need that kind of adapter for SR-71.
I'm going to change its stock cable with better one like drew's Ds.
just dreaming how good sound this upgrade will bring about
makes me get aroused
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2006 at 6:55 PM Post #33 of 42
I still think the looks leave much to be desired, though they're home phones not trophies, so it dun matter. (I got a 701 coming way as well)

Feb 6, 2006 at 7:01 PM Post #34 of 42
These are indeed some impressive shots, thanks for posting them.

Still the looks of the K 701 are the main reason for me not to pick them up and wait for the next Senn instead.

Feb 6, 2006 at 7:06 PM Post #35 of 42
Some impressive shots indeed. Thanks for the gallery, and I hope you enjoy your new baby.

Just to add my comment about the looks of the K701, I'm in the don't like it camp. I much prefer the color of the K601 to its more expensive sibling. It would be nice if AKG offered the K701 in more subdued clothing. It looks to much like a white vinyl go-go boot to me.

Feb 6, 2006 at 7:17 PM Post #36 of 42
GORGEOUS
THANK YOU!

Feb 6, 2006 at 7:23 PM Post #37 of 42
Congrats!

I also am planning to use these with the SR-71. I am almost positive I will have to send it in to Ray to have the gain changed to high. But I am going to try it with normal gain first to see if it is enough. Is yours normal gain?

I'm in the "don't really care what it looks like" camp. I swear, some of you guys are acting like this thing is orange or plaid or something. It's not that bad. But yes, AKG is not really known for making sexy looking headphones (K1000 anyone?
tongue.gif
). They're not Audio Technica.

Feb 6, 2006 at 7:29 PM Post #38 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat
I'm in the "don't really care what it looks like" camp. I swear, some of you guys are acting like this thing is orange or plaid or something. It's not that bad. But yes, AKG is not really known for making sexy looking headphones (K1000 anyone?
tongue.gif
). They're not Audio Technica.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion. Why waste the bandwidth to belittle someone else's? If I shared yours then I obviously wouldn't be making comments to the contrary.
icon10.gif

Feb 6, 2006 at 7:41 PM Post #39 of 42
I think they look beautiful... the photos themselves are really nice too
smily_headphones1.gif
Congrats on the purchase!

Feb 6, 2006 at 7:51 PM Post #41 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat
Congrats!

I also am planning to use these with the SR-71. I am almost positive I will have to send it in to Ray to have the gain changed to high. But I am going to try it with normal gain first to see if it is enough. Is yours normal gain?

yes, as I know, it's a normal gain version.
I cannot turn its volume nob up past 12 o'clock position.
it's too loud for me. usually, I'm listening at relatively low volume level.

Feb 6, 2006 at 10:09 PM Post #42 of 42
I perosnally like an understated black look to cans but those look spiffy. As long as they sound great then color is a minor factor. Not like I will be wearing those outside.

Congrats on the new AKGs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back