my white beauty arrived~
Feb 6, 2006 at 1:49 PM Post #16 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by iancraig10
Didn't think anyone else but the Brits would recognise it.
eek.gif

I wonder if they're LADY'S headphones?

Any Brit got a good price on these. I can't fine one and I want to hear a good example of AKG to compare
tongue.gif

Other than that, has anyone compared to 240s?

Bitty?

Ian

Ian,

I don't even know who is selling these in the UK? I tried buying a pair off amazon.de for 299 euro but they won't ship outside of Germany.
mad.gif

There are some German web stores selling for around this figure but don't seem to be in stock right now.

I can't understand AKG's lack of presence in the UK.
confused.gif

Cheers,
Mark

Feb 6, 2006 at 2:41 PM Post #18 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkyMark
Ian,

I don't even know who is selling these in the UK? I tried buying a pair off amazon.de for 299 euro but they won't ship outside of Germany.
mad.gif

There are some German web stores selling for around this figure but don't seem to be in stock right now.

I can't understand AKG's lack of presence in the UK.
confused.gif

Cheers,
Mark

Thanks Mark.

I tried buying a pair. Not available until mid to late February. I then tried to get a review pair for the mag. and won't comply. The only way I can get a pair at the moment is to buy USA and pay taxes (and money for the headphone!!!)

I'll just have to drool over the naked pictures of those bare white cups......

eek.gif

Ian

Feb 6, 2006 at 2:48 PM Post #21 of 42
That is nice design... but why white? Silver metal and brown leather go SO well together... if only it was silver metal!

Feb 6, 2006 at 2:50 PM Post #22 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
That is nice design... but why white? Silver metal and brown leather go SO well together... if only it was silver metal!

If I said that it has been designed for an Ipod, would you believe me?
blink.gif

Ian

Feb 6, 2006 at 2:57 PM Post #23 of 42
Quote:

blink.gif

Ian

Well it certainly wasn't designed to be driven by one, based on the comments around here. Wonder if the designers thought a few more people would pick them up because they did match the iPod? Since it's iPodesque, how long until I have to see these on the NYC subway?

Feb 6, 2006 at 3:07 PM Post #24 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
Well it certainly wasn't designed to be driven by one, based on the comments around here. Wonder if the designers thought a few more people would pick them up because they did match the iPod? Since it's iPodesque, how long until I have to see these on the NYC subway?

I'm sorry to say ....... I can imagine that!!!
tongue.gif

White seems to be associated with quality in hi fi (lo fi) I think at the moment. There are quite a lot of products being released in white, probably thanks to those awfully nice Ipod people.

I would like to know how these new babies compare with the lowly 240s. At least I have a reference point there. (Got a pair of those!!)

Ian

Feb 6, 2006 at 3:09 PM Post #25 of 42
Quote:

I'm sorry to say ....... I can imagine that!!!
tongue.gif

White seems to be associated with quality in hi fi (lo fi) I think at the moment. There are quite a lot of products being released in white, probably thanks to those awfully nice Ipod people.

I would like to know how these new babies compare with the lowly 240s. At least I have a reference point there. (Got a pair of those!!)

Ian

Don't get me wrong, I love the iPod itself. It's a high quality device that oozes style. But, white really HAS become totally overused. I was one of the first to have an iPod (people asked me why my tape player had a wheel), and I've become quite sick of the deluge of white products over the years. I was quite glad to get a black iPod when I had the chance.

It's like cell phones and silver... it's painted plastic! Give me a more durable black plastic, or ACTUALLY make it metal!

Feb 6, 2006 at 3:25 PM Post #26 of 42
Quote:

blink.gif

Ian

Nah if they had been designed for an iPod the connector would be a 3.5mm jack with an adaptor rather than a 1/4" with 3.5mm adaptor and the cable would be white. The packaging is in the style of an Apple product though.

They are a handsome looking set of headphones.

Andy

Feb 6, 2006 at 3:59 PM Post #27 of 42
How does the Ray Samuels drive the AKG 701? I notice Headroom's advert in Stereophile - Feb also shows a bloke with the AKG 701 in many portable poses either connected straight to an Ipod or one of their portable amps (I think).

Feb 6, 2006 at 4:18 PM Post #28 of 42
Nice photos. I ordered mine two days ago from HeadRoom along with a Micro Amp, any ideas on how will it sound? I hope the shipment of K 701s AKG is shipping to USA is enough to fulfiill all the backordered units.

Happy listening!
580smile.gif

Feb 6, 2006 at 4:25 PM Post #29 of 42
Man they have sold a bunch of units! Mine is #1437 and I have had it for about 3 months
biggrin.gif
. The only suggestion I add is that you let it burn in for about 250 plus hours, then they will open up and will blow away other cans like the HD600. I still prefer my Grado RS-1 but the K701 is a very nice can and I would be happy if it was the only one I owned.

By the way if you are going to drive it with the SR-71 (which I think off as a great amp) get a 1/4" to 1/8" like the one made by Grado. I say this to reduce the stress on the 1/8" plug on the SR-71.

Good luck and enjoy it.

Feb 6, 2006 at 4:32 PM Post #30 of 42
WOW!!!

I have openly harassed the 701 for its "American Standard" look. But this pic really brings it all together. Must look stunning docked next to an apple laptop.

parsifal_20060206190225_4909632_11.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back