My Very Simple Denon D600 Mod
Apr 4, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #18 of 35
Anyone know how to get the cups open to do some mods? 

Apr 4, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #19 of 35
  Hi Moodyrn, how do the Denon-D600 sound compared to the Stax SR-Lambda Signature?

The Lambda's wipe the f*ing floor with them.

Jun 6, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #20 of 35
Wow, a year passed by and not a single post. Then I stumbled upon this thread by accident and to my pleasant surprise it's on page two and now old dead once again lol. I'm going to sub, so if there's anyone who still have questions feel free to ask them.

Jun 6, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #21 of 35
Oh, and yes the lambda sigs do wipe the floor with them. But the same thing can be said about cans twice the price too, not a knock against the d600 which I still own and like.

Jun 7, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #22 of 35
I asked a question. How do you get into the cups? I want to damp them a la the Lawton mods.

I'm hoping you know! You, who can rebuild an amazing McIntosh..........:D

Jun 7, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #23 of 35
Lol, hello vintage buddy! After removing the earpad, on the baffle there are four small screws; two toward the stop(on a slight angle) and two toward the bottom. The two at the top are recessed, but are still visible. The two on the bottom are not.There are two (shinny) small circular adhesive pads covering them up. You can easily remove them with an exacto knife(or similar). After that, the baffle(with the driver) lifts right up.
The adhesive on the circular pads is pretty strong and reusable to a certain extent. It should be plenty strong for a handful of removals.

Jun 7, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #24 of 35
Thanks bud. And the pad pulls off or twists off?

Jan 16, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #26 of 35
  cable upgrade is nothing but Voodoo and is an alternative for People who also believe in flying saucers.

not many agree with you on this, but i certainly do.

Jan 27, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #27 of 35
  cable upgrade is nothing but Voodoo and is an alternative for People who also believe in flying saucers.

Usually. Sometimes the stock cable is really cumbersome and/or ugly and you really just want to put a nicer cable on your headphones (for me, HD800). Then there are special cases like the Fidelio X1 which have extremely poorly made wires attached to a low-z transducers (which causes impedance matching problems and issues with bass control).

But generally, high end cables are purely snake oil. Basically a necklace for your headphones.

Jan 29, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #29 of 35
  Usually. Sometimes the stock cable is really cumbersome and/or ugly and you really just want to put a nicer cable on your headphones (for me, HD800). Then there are special cases like the Fidelio X1 which have extremely poorly made wires attached to a low-z transducers (which causes impedance matching problems and issues with bass control).

But generally, high end cables are purely snake oil. Basically a necklace for your headphones.

agreed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back