My Triple-fi is broken while I was doing Flip-Flop mod Help!
Apr 26, 2008 at 3:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

JoyEnergizer

100+ Head-Fier
Hello ingenious head-fiers!

I just got my Triple-Fi 2 days ago, and I was pulling the connector of the Triple-fi so I can switch L R connector so I can do Flip-flop mode.

While left side was seperated nicely, right side was stiff so I pulled hard but carefully but they wouldn't come out or seperated. I tried with little more force, and BAM! instead of connetor, all the wires came out from the phone which has to be the one inside the phone

Check this picture,
joynrg´ÔÀÇ ºí·Î±× :: ³×À̹ö ºí·Î±×

What can i do now? Should I sent them to retailer? or contact UE for customer support?

I know my retailer might take the 30 days satisfaction warranty and UE might fix them or noone might take the warranty.

I am in totall panic..!!!

What's the best things to do? contact UE or Retailer?
Thank you every one in advance!

Apr 26, 2008 at 3:41 PM Post #2 of 22
Definitely UE directly. I don't think the retailer would want to do anything unless it was an "out of box" failure. Good luck. I'd be sick over it....

Apr 26, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #3 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Definitely UE directly. I don't think the retailer would want to do anything unless it was an "out of box" failure. Good luck. I'd be sick over it....

Should I email them or call them? and how's UE customer service?

Apr 26, 2008 at 4:09 PM Post #4 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoyEnergizer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Should I email them or call them? and how's UE customer service?

Superb, and I know this through personal experience.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 26, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #7 of 22
Yeah ,keep us posted! I have UE SF3, and i want to get triples, and im wondering how they handle it also!

Apr 26, 2008 at 5:37 PM Post #8 of 22
that actually looks like a construction fault,

do UE have european service centers ? becuase a friend of mine allready had to pay tax twice for his UE´s becuase it was stopped in customs when coming back from repairs,

Apr 26, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that actually looks like a construction fault,

do UE have european service centers ? becuase a friend of mine allready had to pay tax twice for his UE´s becuase it was stopped in customs when coming back from repairs,

That should not happen provided you have the original import papers and some sort of proof that you have sent them back for repair. Also UE (or who ever you deal with) should write "Return from repair" on the paperwork following the phones when returned.

Apr 26, 2008 at 8:11 PM Post #10 of 22
Oh that sucks. Looks like a construction fault..

Apr 28, 2008 at 5:52 AM Post #13 of 22
that happened to me when my bag dropped - one side had that bit come out and the wires exposed. A quick test revealed the sound to be ok, but the thing was still loose. then one day when i was taking out the cable I had to push the transparent bit inward to remove the cable, and after that... it hasn't come out since.

that might save you the hassle of the RMA, but of course it might not work for you.

Apr 28, 2008 at 3:13 PM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by direcow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that happened to me when my bag dropped - one side had that bit come out and the wires exposed. A quick test revealed the sound to be ok, but the thing was still loose. then one day when i was taking out the cable I had to push the transparent bit inward to remove the cable, and after that... it hasn't come out since.

that might save you the hassle of the RMA, but of course it might not work for you.

My phones's wires are totally disconnected. So I don't think i have a chance.

Apr 28, 2008 at 3:15 PM Post #15 of 22
Hey JE, you're with UE...you'll be fine
smily_headphones1.gif

Hope they turn you around quickly with your brand new Trips!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back