Mar 5, 2004 at 1:55 AM Post #16 of 258
Thanks, Lou!
biggrin.gif

I will go put some "mud" on my head..... LOL

Mar 5, 2004 at 2:17 AM Post #19 of 258
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
TheMuffinMan_01
HI: I used to own the 580 + Equinox cable. The 580s are laid back. the 580s need a 200.00 replacement cable. The 580s have a bass hump. The 580s are 300 ohms and need a good amp. The 580s are not very exciting headphones in my opinion. The 595 are better in all respects. Just my opinion.

Im not sure I can take your word on this because you were harping about the CD3K's when you got em
confused.gif

You should be a little cautious before you evaluate headphones...wait till they burn in and wait till your ears get used to them.

The 580's are still in the top 10 list of all time great headphones. They ARE the HD600's without the fancy overcoat - I have AB'd the two and there isnt anything between them.

I have the 595's on order too but I will not listen to them until they have gone through my breakthrough routine.

No offense but - first impressions posts should be avoided. I can understand the excitement over a new purchase but lets be realistic here. I am as excited as you are....and I havent even received them yet
tongue.gif

Mar 5, 2004 at 2:24 AM Post #20 of 258
I would like to add that a top end source will REALLY allow you to tell the difference between the 580/600/650 and now the 595...

I am going to choose between the 595 and the 650...If the 595 doesnt tickle me the right way then it will be up for sale here
very_evil_smiley.gif

I am also seriously considering the PPA with Discreet Buffers...should be interesting...

LOL

Mar 5, 2004 at 2:27 AM Post #21 of 258
Well I have the 595's on order as well. I have the HD650, w/ newly arrived Zu cable, PPA, and a Pimeta on the way. So I will definitely give my impressions in about a week and a half
frown.gif
They are being shipped from Germany.

Mar 5, 2004 at 2:40 AM Post #24 of 258
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
gsferrari
HI: Yes you are right but you ant me.
biggrin.gif
I do my thing with great excitement And fore me there is no right way to do stuff but I can appreciate that you do have a right way of doing things. I mean no harm with my enthusiasm but This is just me . Sorry Peace.
biggrin.gif

Hey
biggrin.gif
Im not bashing the review...(I did read it in secret no matter what I might have said
tongue.gif
) Oops...did I say that out loud
redface.gif

LOL

The point I want to make is - when you are talking about hardware...you cannot proceed with the attitude that its the best thing since sliced bread. Excitement is fine but lets keep it in check and present the reality to the public.

A new piece of equipment would make me very excited too...and I would probably blab on the forums and I expect the peeps to tell me to get over it and get real
very_evil_smiley.gif

Give it some time and let everything settle in.

What source are you using anyway??
confused.gif

Mar 5, 2004 at 2:52 AM Post #25 of 258
Quote:

Originally posted by Geek
I listened to the HD555 and the CD3000 today at headroom and found the HD555 to sound better at everything but soundstage.

Without getting into a massive CD3000 vs Senn debate, lets just say that LTUCCI is perfectly correct when he says the HD595 is a GREAT headphone, because it is and it definitely deserves a place as one of the best all-around headphones money can buy right now.

Cheers,
Geek

Geek, you were able to listen to both the 555 and 595? How do they compare?

Mar 5, 2004 at 4:15 AM Post #28 of 258
Quote:

Sennheiser is on the move and can compete with most headphones many times there price. I feel lucky to be at the start of the new Sennheiser movement if you will.

Someone drank the Koolaid at the last Shri Senn meeting.

Mar 5, 2004 at 4:44 AM Post #29 of 258
Lou,
Nice to know that you are enjoying your newly acquired HD595. I'm sure they are great sounding.

Geek,
We all know that you never liked the CD3K, but c'mon...stop saying it already. I don't see anything wrong of people liking them. I love the HD600 w/ Cardas but I prefered the CD3K in my system. There's nothing wrong with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back