my thoughts and opinions on the shure srh750dj headphones.
Jan 9, 2011 at 4:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

bcasey25raptor

Aka: Brycon Casey
aka mental patient
aka Enter Darkness
aka Shurefan
aka reaperofaudio
aka everyone knows
aka very funny
i am quite new to high end audio but when i saw these for 129.99 canadian i couldnt resist. i picked them up and tried them out as soon as i got them. they had really good sound for the money. i have tried to compare them to my other headphones i own. i first compared them to my se m390 headphones from pioneer. over all the shure beat them in everything. i found the pioneers distorted all the vocals on high while the shures did not. the pioneers also had a really small sound stage and sounded fairly muddy. i then compared them to my sony mdr xd200 headphones i got for $30. they sounded terrible by comparison. i used to think the xd200 had good sound but compared to the shure srh750dj's there was a huge difference. i find its really clear except for the mids. the mids tend to distort a little bit but that is probably my computer. as it doesnt do this on my ipod classic 80gb. and a bit of tweaking with my computer fixed this. i also noticed that on the highest settings it distorts while the reccomended listening level is just fine. the bass is incredible and i can hear details i wouldnt hear on a normal pair of headphones. i have actually been able to hear the artists breathing. the highs sound really good as do the lows. i really like the fact the cord is coiled so it doesnt take as much space. and the fact it disconnects from the headphones is a plus. it allows easy replacement if need be. the aesthetics or appeal of these looks professional and i like that. definately not something you would wear in public if you care about looks although. the build quality seems good but it creaks when moved. it has made me question the durability but i think they will withstand alot. they are comfortable to me but if you listen for hours on end you will find lots of irritation. for example when i take them off for a fre minutes and touch my ears they tend to hurt. but the sound quality makes this little negative medeocre. over all i give it a 4.75/5 because they sound good and are designed well. but the comfort brings it down. these headphones are well worth the money and i highly reccomend them.

what are your thoughts on these headphones and your experiences with durability and sound quality.

do you agree with my thoughts and opinions

Jan 9, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #2 of 5
anyone interested?

Jan 9, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #3 of 5
Thank you for this thread =)

I got these as a christmas gift this year, so little experience with them. I have not done any noisy burn-in, only listening to music. Can't really tell a difference, but they sound amazing. Off my Sony A845, the soundstage is unexistent, however out of my computer it's amazing "or maybe it's because here my tracks are on FLAC and on the Son they are in 320Kb/s LAME mp3... not sure). Not kidding, I could hear Beirut's singer right next to me. Also Corey Taylor was yelling across the room on a Stone Sour track. All of this on my computer, of course, because of my Sony's lack of soundstage.

The bass is fantastic and very deep. There are now parts of the music I had never heard, because they were too low, that I can feel. The highs and mids are not left out, even though this has the dreaded two letters in its name: DJ. Listening to violin on these feels great. I listened to a bit of Miles Davis also and heard no dirtortion at all. However these are not warm headphones, they are agressive and good for finding little imperfections on a track. I can hear the air come out of a saxophone, or the fingers slipping away from a guitar string. I'm not sure if this happens with all good headphones, but I find these agressive headphones, in a good way. Can't tell you much about the mids except that they feel very present, very clean. For more information refer to Alice in Chains' Unplugged album =D

The build is just perfect. They feel bulky, like they are to be cherished. I am always careful with them. The pads are comfortable and soft. The clamping can get a bit too strong, but I never felt that pain on the top of your head that most users complaint about. If the clamping gets too strong, however, you can use the book "mod" (just leav overnight clamped on something a bit wider than your head). For me, just taking them off and putting them back on works fine, and the clamping only botters me after about 1 - 1,5 hours. In a way, they feel like they were made for my headshape.

The Audio-Technica M50 are praised on this forum and on Headroom, and they deserve it. But I promise these give them competition, and will beat them for many users.

Jan 9, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Thank you for this thread =)

I got these as a christmas gift this year, so little experience with them. I have not done any noisy burn-in, only listening to music. Can't really tell a difference, but they sound amazing. Off my Sony A845, the soundstage is unexistent, however out of my computer it's amazing "or maybe it's because here my tracks are on FLAC and on the Son they are in 320Kb/s LAME mp3... not sure). Not kidding, I could hear Beirut's singer right next to me. Also Corey Taylor was yelling across the room on a Stone Sour track. All of this on my computer, of course, because of my Sony's lack of soundstage.

The bass is fantastic and very deep. There are now parts of the music I had never heard, because they were too low, that I can feel. The highs and mids are not left out, even though this has the dreaded two letters in its name: DJ. Listening to violin on these feels great. I listened to a bit of Miles Davis also and heard no dirtortion at all. However these are not warm headphones, they are agressive and good for finding little imperfections on a track. I can hear the air come out of a saxophone, or the fingers slipping away from a guitar string. I'm not sure if this happens with all good headphones, but I find these agressive headphones, in a good way. Can't tell you much about the mids except that they feel very present, very clean. For more information refer to Alice in Chains' Unplugged album =D

The build is just perfect. They feel bulky, like they are to be cherished. I am always careful with them. The pads are comfortable and soft. The clamping can get a bit too strong, but I never felt that pain on the top of your head that most users complaint about. If the clamping gets too strong, however, you can use the book "mod" (just leav overnight clamped on something a bit wider than your head). For me, just taking them off and putting them back on works fine, and the clamping only botters me after about 1 - 1,5 hours. In a way, they feel like they were made for my headshape.

The Audio-Technica M50 are praised on this forum and on Headroom, and they deserve it. But I promise these give them competition, and will beat them for many users.

i am happy this was useful. and i agree. i think the shure 750s are just as good if not better then the m50s

Jan 9, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #5 of 5
bump

Users who are viewing this thread

Back