My Recent Sennheiser HD-555 Sucks big time .....
Sep 23, 2007 at 5:07 AM Post #46 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruckus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ROFL. This has to be the funniest titles for a thread I've read this entire time.

But David I agree. I don't understand the hype for the HD555 or HD595 at all. I haven't listened to the HD650. Don't really want to either.

I loved my first Denon headphone which is why I am really interested in trying Denon D2000.

My roommate has AKG headphones and they sound fantastic.

650's are great headphones..

Sep 23, 2007 at 5:21 AM Post #47 of 69
HD 555 was and are my first set of head phones i've spent decent money on and they sound great to me, no complaints, but then again this is coming from some one who couldn't hear a discernible difference when he attached a Hornet to an Ipod and thought "what's the point of having open headphones instead of speakers" not too long ago. Hey, i'm learning, but maybe I'm blessed here, being happy with apparent mediocrity. BUT. I just can't see how some one could listen to these headphones, and call them that bad. As I said, they sound great to me. Maybe it's just a case of never heard anything better, maybe my ears are damaged from too much loud rock & roll (good chance), etc.

Sep 24, 2007 at 12:55 AM Post #48 of 69
Hi !
I am buying new headphones
this time I m willing to give more € for them
so I am interested in HD595...
I was reading this topic and got a bit scared, and never hear of the term BURN IN before

Does the term BURN IN mean that you have to use your headphones for a while to make them work properly ?

Why do you have to "BURN IN" HD595 headphones ?

If there are problems at the begining, why are not already BURNed IN by the company ?

I guess I m a complete noob, can someone give me a little help please.

Also
I ll be using them for watching movies, listening internet radio, mp3, games

Bye

Boris

Sep 24, 2007 at 8:07 AM Post #49 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by B0r15 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi !
I am buying new headphones
this time I m willing to give more € for them
so I am interested in HD595...
I was reading this topic and got a bit scared, and never hear of the term BURN IN before

Does the term BURN IN mean that you have to use your headphones for a while to make them work properly ?

Why do you have to "BURN IN" HD595 headphones ?

If there are problems at the begining, why are not already BURNed IN by the company ?

I guess I m a complete noob, can someone give me a little help please.

Also
I ll be using them for watching movies, listening internet radio, mp3, games

Bye

Boris

Apparently electronic devices such as head phones work even better after they've got a few hundred hours or usage under the belt, don't know any of the science behind it, but that's the idea, so I can't comment about it but a lot of people seem to hear a difference.

They will work fine when new, of course. I never "burnt in" my HD 555 head phones and I have been enjoying them just fine
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 24, 2007 at 8:18 PM Post #51 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by B0r15 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=58157
okey i read all about "burn in"
And dicided to go and test hd595 headphones before buying it .

I still have one question.

Is it resonable to buy high quality headphones like HD595 and using them mainly on laptop which has integrated sound card Realtek ALC268 ??

Definitely, while the HD595 would sound that much better with an improved source (although upgrading later on can always cure that), integrated sound card should work just fine with it. I'd recommend testing the HD595s as you said but I don't think you can go wrong, unless you're like the OP and can't appreciate good sound (I kid, I kid).

Sep 24, 2007 at 11:23 PM Post #53 of 69
When I got my HD555 about a year back, the general concensus was that they need about 100 hours of burn-in to sound musical.

And after a year, I think that this is absolutely true. I really enjoyed them even when I got them straight out of the box (excitement of a new toy, and also didn't know any better sound quality).

I have just let them burn in as I wear them and listen which was not very regularly at all and thus mine probably took months to clock those 100 hours. But there is certainly a very noticeable change after burn-in.

Sep 30, 2007 at 8:05 PM Post #54 of 69
HD555 need burn in buddy...im having a HD555 too...and it sound great man...nothing wrong with it....i think you are a basshead?

Its true that you will get terrible sound on the first time,but after a few day burned in,the sound is totally change.

Oct 1, 2007 at 2:42 AM Post #55 of 69
yeah, every pair of open senns I've ever had sounded horrible to me at first listen; I've owned some HD497s that I hated. Lended 'em to my brother, came back 4 months after and I never felt worse about giving a pair of cans

Oct 1, 2007 at 3:00 AM Post #56 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by davaid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And the sound leakage is too much; I was expecting some sound leakage but not up to this level; my brother wakes up at night because of the sound as he says its too loud; I wonder what’s the purpose of headphones if they are not targeting at least some private listening.

If you wanted minimal leakage you should have bought closed back, it's not the headphones fault you bought something unsuitable. Also the clicking/distortion sounds like a problem with your X-Fi rather than the headphones, the X-Fi has a well documented clicking problem. Also you won't get the best out of any headphones connected to portable devices and gaming soundcards unamped.

Turn off the X-Fi crystalizer, plus make sure your music is as high quality as possible. The better quality your headphones, the more they will show up the deficiencies in your source (like low bit rate mp3s).

Oct 1, 2007 at 7:03 AM Post #57 of 69
All input appreciated but it is sort of amusing that OP is ranting on a situation that is most likely not the headphones itself unless (as others have stated) they are defective.

I agree that op didn't really do much in terms of good application choice if leakage is a problem, but then again my HD595s dont output that much noise because i don't blast them.

And while this is headfi...a BAD sounding headphone (but worthy of being called a headphone) shouldn't exhibit total crap in listening. It should just be unliked or not the style the listener wants.

Entertaining thread though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 29, 2009 at 6:13 AM Post #58 of 69
When I first got the hd555, I was like What, no bass. I later found out that recieved a older model which requires a amp for it. When I hook it to an amp, the sound became warm and very enjoyable. Full with bass, lushy mid and nice high. Don't bash sennheiser you don't have the requirment to enjoy them. They have more bass then my ie7 at times. I love those

Jun 29, 2009 at 7:16 AM Post #60 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by davaid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cheers,

I know that this is my first post and unfortunately its not a good one as well; I have recently got my new Sennheiser HD-555 from Amazon based on your recommendation guys and subsequent reviewes; and I can tell you it sucks big time.

This is my first branded (suppose to be quality) headphones I have ever bought and I can tell you it really sounds very bad on my X-FI FATAL1TY and even on my SanDisk player! its severely underpowered on my MP3 player; generated a lot of clicking on my Creative card with extremely lack of Bass and extremely annoying music coming out of the headphones that everyone can clearly hear.....

So definitely I am very disappointed
mad.gif
mad.gif

thats how I felt when I got my 555s too but believe me, they will transform to a different headphone with burn in. Ive had them myself and can tell you that the bass on the 555 is bigger than most circumaural open cans when burned in. When I got them the highs were obnoxiously bright and there was no bass. They are the only headphones Ive ever had that changed in sound that much with burn in and if you look at my profile you can see ive had enough cans to compare them too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back