My Recent Sennheiser HD-555 Sucks big time .....
Sep 20, 2007 at 8:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 69

davaid

New Head-Fier
Cheers,

I know that this is my first post and unfortunately its not a good one as well; I have recently got my new Sennheiser HD-555 from Amazon based on your recommendation guys and subsequent reviewes; and I can tell you it sucks big time.

This is my first branded (suppose to be quality) headphones I have ever bought and I can tell you it really sounds very bad on my X-FI FATAL1TY and even on my SanDisk player! its severely underpowered on my MP3 player; generated a lot of clicking on my Creative card with extremely lack of Bass and extremely annoying music coming out of the headphones that everyone can clearly hear.....

So definitely I am very disappointed
mad.gif
mad.gif

Sep 20, 2007 at 8:18 AM Post #3 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by davaid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cheers,

I know that this is my first post and unfortunately its not a good one as well; I have recently got my new Sennheiser HD-555 from Amazon based on our recommendation guys and subsequent reviewes; and I can tell you it sucks big time.

This is my first branded (suppose to be quality) headphones I have ever bought and I can tell you it really sounds very bad on my X-FI FATAL1TY and even on my SanDisk player! its severely underpowered on my MP3 player; generated a lot of clicking on my Creative card with extremely lack of Bass and extremely annoying music coming out of the headphones that everyone can clearly hear.....

mad.gif
mad.gif

The 555 are not portable cans.. Use it with a CDP with a better amp..(compared to your mp3 player..)

Sep 20, 2007 at 8:18 AM Post #4 of 69
Heh, that's what you get for buying sennheisers!
tongue.gif

Did you try listening to it out of different sources other than your x-fi and your sandisk? Some sandisk models actually have horrible sound quality. Also, the HD555 really shouldn't have problems being driven compared to some other name headphones.

I just want to be the first to say this.

Welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet.

Sep 20, 2007 at 8:18 AM Post #5 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How are you plugging it in to your X-Fi? The front headphone jack or the rear?

Into the front panel (I have the X-FI FATAL1ty Champion that comes with a front bay drive) as I have my Logitech Z-680 connected to the back panel.

Sep 20, 2007 at 8:23 AM Post #6 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by FooTemps /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh, that's what you get for buying sennheisers!
tongue.gif

Did you try listening to it out of different sources other than your x-fi and your sandisk? Some sandisk models actually have horrible sound quality. Also, the HD555 really shouldn't have problems being driven compared to some other name headphones.

I just want to be the first to say this.

Welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet.

I have a V-Moda bass headphones that I mainly use with my SanDisk and they are simply awsome in all directions of sounds, highs, mids, and extremely well and good in bass.....

And I tried them on my X-Fi and they beated the HD555 and blow them to sky, very amazing sound quality and volume level is more powerfull, but I can't use them for a prolonged period of time (specially when gaming or listening to music that why I bought the HD555 ~~~~ I wish I didn't ~~~~

Sep 20, 2007 at 8:26 AM Post #7 of 69
Quote:

I have a V-Moda bass headphones that I mainly use with my SanDisk and they are simply awsome in all directions of sounds, highs, mids, and extremely well and good in bass.....

And I tried them on my X-Fi and they beated the HD555 and blow them to sky, very amazing sound quality and volume level is more powerfull, but I can't use them for a prolonged period of time (specially when gaming or listening to music that why I bought the HD555 ~~~~ I wish I didn't ~~~~

Bass head?

Sep 20, 2007 at 8:33 AM Post #8 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bass head?

Well not totally? But these the so called the HD555 totaly lacks bass!! You can say that I like some Bass as the V-Moda and the Z-680 are very heavy BASS oriented.... but these
confused.gif
OMG none at all comparing to these two.

Sep 20, 2007 at 8:33 AM Post #9 of 69
I suspected op's intention a little when I saw Sandisk's DAP and hd555 plugged into it....

Anyway , I heard HD555 a while ago and wasn't impressed either.
It's just a matter of personal taste
cool.gif

Sep 20, 2007 at 8:43 AM Post #10 of 69
Quote:

...generated a lot of clicking on my Creative card with extremely lack of Bass and extremely annoying music coming out of the headphones that everyone can clearly hear.....

You didn't do enough research, did ya?
rolleyes.gif

Better late than never though; it would have been worse if you bought a HD650 or K1000.

Sep 20, 2007 at 8:47 AM Post #11 of 69
Yah. They are just not right for YOU. Ive had mine over a year and they have been awesome. The bass is good (especially after burn in), its just doesn't have much impact. If your listening to loud/fast rock/metal, then I can see why you dislike them. But for pretty much everything else they are very smooth phones.

Also, the fact that everyone can hear what your listening to is due to the open nature of the headphone... Maybe you didnt think about your purchase enough and what applications this phone is used for. But hey what do I know.

Sep 20, 2007 at 8:49 AM Post #12 of 69
Quote:

Cheers,

I know that this is my first post and unfortunately its not a good one as well; I have recently got my new Sennheiser HD-555 from Amazon based on your recommendation guys and subsequent reviewes; and I can tell you it sucks big time.

mad.gif
mad.gif

1. It is open headphones, which are designed to leak sound (and there is a good reason for that.)
2. I think you like bass. Try ones with enormous bass.
3. Sorry to hear that HD555s are not for you. Did you try other sources? Maybe the headphones are defective.

Sep 20, 2007 at 9:00 AM Post #14 of 69
In addition to what everyone else has said already, exactly how long have you had the HD-555s? They're not for bassheads anyway, but they're going to sound a whole lot worse if they haven't even burned in yet. Anyways if it turns out you really hate them that much, my apologies, but I can guarantee someone will be more than happy to take them off your hands and you can make the next step in your headphone journey. Maybe this time you won't be afraid to ask for help
wink.gif

Sep 20, 2007 at 9:06 AM Post #15 of 69
it's just HD555s bass is not for your preference. They has good neutral bass but not slam like sub woofer.

also, give them more time, full size cans need time to break in.

maybe you should do the research a LOT again. hope you can find new love.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back