My Questions About The Future Sonic Atrio MG7 Dynamic Earphone?
Jan 28, 2011 at 7:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Starsky5000

500+ Head-Fier
[size=x-small]I am seriously thinking about purchasing a Future Sonic Atrio with the NEW MG7™ Proprietary Dynamic Drivers. [/size]

[size=x-small]Where online can i purchase a pair of Future Sonic Atrio with the new MG7 drivers for the best possible price?[/size]

[size=x-small]Currently I am using the Phonak Audeo Perfect Bass Earphone. I am purchasing the Future Sonic Atrio to COMPLEMENT them & not replace them. [/size]

[size=x-small]I understand these [size=x-small]Atrios "sound natural, relaxed, and enjoyable.[size=x-small] They make the sound really enjoyable and they get my feet tapping no matter what style of music you're listening to. They are punchy and precise without being fatiguing; they are quite spacious and still isolate a lot."  [/size]     [/size]

[/size]
[size=x-small]Many people recommend using Shure's newly designed black foam tips with the Atrios instead of the stock ones from Future Sonics. They should isolate even more, have better durability, and are more hygienic since they're washable due to their smooth surface. [/size]

[size=x-small]I currently wear the medium size silicone sleeve on my Phonaks & get a perfect fit. Does that mean I should get the Shure's MEDIUM black foam tips or what size do you recommend?[/size]

[size=x-small]Where online can i purchase the Shure's newly designed black foam tips?[/size]

[size=x-small]Do I have to make any adjustment's to the Shure's foam tips or do they just fit without modications?[/size]

[size=x-small]Thank You All For Your Help.[/size]

Jan 29, 2011 at 1:01 PM Post #2 of 18
Jan 30, 2011 at 11:13 AM Post #5 of 18
Jan 30, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #6 of 18
Yep, the Special Edition are the MG7 driver.

Jan 30, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #7 of 18
Jan 30, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #8 of 18

Quote:
What about this one?

http://www.ecost.com/prod/Electronics/Headphones/Stereo/Future+Sonics+Universal+Fit+Professional+Earphones+-+Onyx+Black+Version+2+-+ATRIO+M5/62848613.aspx?navid=155442193 

I'm confused. I understand the Special Edition has the MG7 driver but the regular version says it does also but it also says version 2?

Isn't the earphones with the MG7 driver suppose to be version 3?

That's a good question. The packaging will tell you what driver it has. You should email/call them, or pay an extra $20 and go for the special edition, since that is completely certain to have the MG7 driver plus a nicer carrying case.

Jan 30, 2011 at 1:54 PM Post #9 of 18
I just called them they are closed on Sundays DAMN!

Feb 3, 2011 at 10:56 PM Post #10 of 18
This thread is a bit old, so this may have already been answered, but I ordered the black Atrios from ecost for 108 (the ones that read 2nd gen) and they are in fact the latest gen, MG7 version. I think the listing that mentions 2nd generation refers to the second version of the driver inside the Atrios (MG7).

By the way, I've owned previous generation Atrios, and the MG7 is a VERY different animal in terms of treble & midrange. The excellent bass is still there, but there is a HUGE improvement in mids & treble; much more of an improvement than I expected. I'm not kidding when I say they're better than the triple.fi 10's, and almost on par w/ the IE8's...

Feb 3, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #11 of 18

Quote:
This thread is a bit old, so this may have already been answered, but I ordered the black Atrios from ecost for 108 (the ones that read 2nd gen) and they are in fact the latest gen, MG7 version. I think the listing that mentions 2nd generation refers to the second version of the driver inside the Atrios (MG7).

By the way, I've owned previous generation Atrios, and the MG7 is a VERY different animal in terms of treble & midrange. The excellent bass is still there, but there is a HUGE improvement in mids & treble; much more of an improvement than I expected. I'm not kidding when I say they're better than the triple.fi 10's, and almost on par w/ the IE8's...

write a review and start a new thread for it, please.

Feb 3, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #12 of 18
Done. Only initial impressions so far. I'd like to spend more time before giving a detailed review.

Feb 4, 2011 at 9:00 AM Post #15 of 18

Quote:
how would this compare to the panasonics hje-900?  I am currently using the panasonics and enjoy them a lot.  Would this be similar?  the price is tempting.

After proper burn-in, the MG7 Atrios will have better sub-bass, and much less sibilance in the treble. I think the 900s have more transparency (I heard a modded version to try to tame the treble and bring out the recessed mids, not sure how successful it was), so they are different, but I liked them both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back