My Pico is doing something extremely bizarre!! aka("The Pico Petting Thread"-ed)
Jan 12, 2008 at 2:43 PM Post #16 of 47
Definitely grounding issue - happened to my Raptor when I used an adaptor that shorted the ground pin on the power cord.

Jan 12, 2008 at 2:44 PM Post #17 of 47
Mine won't Purr, maybe it's faulty?

Nautilus, what colour is yours? Edwood too?

Mine and Great Danes are black, maybe black ones won't purr?

Most of my other gear does it. Amps all do it. CD and DVD players will do it if they're in the mood. Even my Imod V-cap dock I made will purr sometimes, not sure if it's only when charging the imod through it though, have to check.

I think it's capacitors that make the hum.

Jan 12, 2008 at 3:01 PM Post #18 of 47
Probably a switch mode power supply with some earth leakage.

Jan 12, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #19 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1117 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I definitely have to admit that these forums really have their golden lol moments.

People stroking their amps... oh my... time to dance, everyone!

awesome5r4.gif

I'll see that and raise you this:

stewie19bb9ah.gif

fg_08.gif

eggosmile.gif

Jan 12, 2008 at 3:46 PM Post #20 of 47
Wow, Im missing all the fun!! I need to get a Pico. Umm,wait a minute.....I dont know if you people are male or female or what your preferences are.....Is Pico a male or female???
Pico is kinda cute though...lol!
wink.gif

Now Predator.....that sounds rather stalkerish and scary...lol.

Jan 12, 2008 at 8:06 PM Post #24 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenkelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine won't Purr, maybe it's faulty?

Nautilus, what colour is yours? Edwood too?

Mine and Great Danes are black, maybe black ones won't purr?

Most of my other gear does it. Amps all do it. CD and DVD players will do it if they're in the mood. Even my Imod V-cap dock I made will purr sometimes, not sure if it's only when charging the imod through it though, have to check.

I think it's capacitors that make the hum.

Well my Pico's black as well and she's purring away at the moment, perhaps you just need to get her into the mood? It requires a pretty sensitive touch to get her goin but I can get her purring with a gentle stroke anywhere on her case except for the knob. Also, what kinda music have you been forcing her to play? Mine purred the first time on the new Iron & Wine album (The Shepherd's Dog)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShinyFalcon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does it make noise when it purrs? o.O

Hardly audible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by frozenice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When you lick it does it make your tongue tingle ?

That's between us
wink.gif

Jan 12, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #26 of 47
I think this is some sort of grounding issue. I experience the same thing with my Move, but only when it is connected to my laptop, and only when I am touching my laptop at the same time... so I guess there is some kind of transference between the laptop and the metal on the amp (acting as grounding? (just guessing, don't know my physics))

Jan 13, 2008 at 12:10 AM Post #28 of 47
If I run my finger over the top of my Gilmore Lite to press the power switch at the back, it feels like there is a light vibration under my fingers. It's caused my static. I've had other gear do it. It tends to happen more in very low humidity environments. What is your humidity like there?

PS, ask Justin if you're worried.

Jan 13, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #29 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by rincewind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I run my finger over the top of my Gilmore Lite to press the power switch at the back, it feels like there is a light vibration under my fingers. It's caused my static. I've had other gear do it. It tends to happen more in very low humidity environments. What is your humidity like there?

PS, ask Justin if you're worried.

I'm at my parents house in Pittsburgh PA (very humid), but I'm going back to school in Fort Collins CO (Very arid). I'm not really worried about it, I actually really like it for some reason? I've just never felt anything like this before in my life and It's extremely consistent so I'm not sure if it static, wouldn't static discharge after a while? Maybe I'll direct him to the thread just because he may be interested. Aside from my Pico being a bit light on the bass it seems to be running just fine but I'll let him know if something goes wrong as I still have a few years left on my warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back