my next PAY CHEQUE - help me spend it!!! :)
May 3, 2011 at 6:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

LegendaryLvl1

100+ Head-Fier
sup guys

I find myself in this situation yet again, searching for a pair of perfect IEMS - and I've finally come to the conclusion that I will need to try a pair of customs

So, here are my choices:

JH Audio JH13/J16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitors

Yup.
I've pretty much got my eyes on a pair of JH13's at the moment 
However, if you have an opinion about this you would like to share - kindly post below!!

So my budget is roughly $1000 AUD (that's Australian dollars)

The most complex part of this decision is that there are no respectable custom IEM brands with a head office in Australia (or Sydney where I live). Therefore, I will have to:

1) Choose a custom IEM
2) Get my ear molds done in AUSTRALIA
3) Send my ear molds OVERSEAS (most probably the US)
4) wait

I was hoping that there was someone in a similar predicament as me (either now or in the past) - and was willing to share their experience :)

May 3, 2011 at 7:32 AM Post #3 of 11
Bring the partner out for a day trip or a weekend to somewhere nice like Royal Mail Hotel etc etc..  with a brilliant 7-10course degustation to end the evening. Then get some happy ending..

May 3, 2011 at 9:06 AM Post #6 of 11

Quote:
http://www.uniquemelody.com.au

Unique Melody Australia!  They have the new and rather unique Merlin which has 5 drivers, four BA and one dynamic.  As an added bonus, they let you try out a universal version of any of their earphones if you live within Australia, which you do.

Wow! Thanks for that! I had no idea about that site ><

It seems to be alot cheaper than the jh13 - could you explain the difference in quality?
either regarding the sound or build quality?
tyty :D

May 3, 2011 at 9:10 AM Post #7 of 11
Well, while I can't personally, I think there are a few impressions threads here - and just a few threads down there's the announcement thread for the Merlins.  Just take a quick search with the search function and you'll probably find some impressions/reviews.

Actually, I'm gonna look for some now too, I'm interested in what people think of these...if I recall, people liked them. :p

May 3, 2011 at 9:57 AM Post #9 of 11
When you're looking at ~1000 dollar IEM's they're all WIN anyway regardless of which brand. Their shapes are also almost..  the same..  (ie: your ear mould). Most of them also offer a wide degree of customization. Jerry Harvey are known for very very hands on approach to customer servicing to help improve your IEM experience.

UM are new in Australia and I guess being in Australia gives an advantage when dealing with feedback and post-sales service. This is important because sometimes, moulds dont fit right first time around. Sending it overseas can be a hassle. I'm sure they will also be willing to listen to any complaints you have and tweak them to your liking as you're paying a fortune for their product. Their top-tier iem has a mix of armatures and dynamic drivers, which is a first of its kind. I'm sure they're still WIN regardless.

Other brands to consider include Westone and Sleek Audio and 1964ears.

ps: Having a pay cheque that allows the luxury of such a purchase is just as WIN...

May 3, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #10 of 11

Quote:
Wow! Thanks for that! I had no idea about that site ><

It seems to be alot cheaper than the jh13 - could you explain the difference in quality?
either regarding the sound or build quality?
tyty :D

Unique melody is known to have really good build quality, i.e. no bubbles and have very few people will report having fit issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back