My next future headphone purchase
Sep 14, 2011 at 11:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 80

Player1josh46

100+ Head-Fier
Alright so it seems that the M50s are just not for me. Having had them since june, i see that they dont have enough mids and too much bass for my liking even with Equ. It gets too loud that ill lose my hearing or its too low and the vocals/ detail wont come out. So i will make a preference list of what i would want from my next headphone.

music: all genres, from classical to rap to rock. I want something that can handle everything and stay pretty neutral with emphasis on mids/vocals.

Closed headphones preferred with decent soundstage. Cant have painful highs or simbliance. Minimal sound leak. Comfortable if possible. Not super long cable. $200-250 to spend.

My source: ipod touch 4g, equ app. 192-320 kbps tracks.

Thats about it. Note that this is a future endeavor when i get the money to upgrade. So not for awhile. For now i have to keep the M50s. Ive done foam mod so dont mention that but if u want, post suggestions if u find ones that might be useful for the m50 for now. Other than that post headphones that i might consider for my next purchase.

Sep 14, 2011 at 11:25 PM Post #2 of 80
Have you thought about turning the volume down?

Shure 840?

It's a nice companion to the M50's and will give you your mids and a little less bass.

Sep 14, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #4 of 80
I'm quite happy with my SRH840s, which i chose over the M50s for their neutrality.
They're a bit below your budget, though, you might be able to get something better with the extra cash.

Sep 15, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #10 of 80
You cant go wrong with the Shure's. 

Sep 15, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #12 of 80
For what you're looking for, the Shures are surely your best bet ho ho ho.

Other options are the DT1350s for neutral phones in that range.  Maybe the ESW9s?  Both will handle vocals well.

If you're looking to keep some extra bass body - maybe the MS400s?

Still think the Shures are your best bet if you can get 'em for cheap.

EDIT: If isolation is important to you, nothing isolates better than the DT1350 from my experience.  Compared them to the shures, M50s and the HD25s and if you can get a proper seal, they silence the world around you.

Sep 15, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #13 of 80

Quote:
For what you're looking for, the Shures are surely your best bet ho ho ho.

Other options are the DT1350s for neutral phones in that range.  Maybe the ESW9s?  Both will handle vocals well.

If you're looking to keep some extra bass body - maybe the MS400s?

Still think the Shures are your best bet if you can get 'em for cheap.

EDIT: If isolation is important to you, nothing isolates better than the DT1350 from my experience.  Compared them to the shures, M50s and the HD25s and if you can get a proper seal, they silence the world around you.

Which Shures do you recommend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back