My new Zana Deux + pictures
Nov 5, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #31 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by helperTcell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Audioelec - if there is another UK meet, PLEASE bring your ZD along so we UK headfiers can play with it...
evil_smiley.gif

No Problem

Regards

Nov 5, 2007 at 8:10 PM Post #32 of 34
Beautiful photos!

The Opera vs. Zana Deux comparison sounds a lot like how I'd describe the Zana against the PS Audio GCHA. The GCHA is "flatter", more 2D. The ZD is more 3D. I would say that the ZD has more bass than the GCHA, so the Opera probably does better than the GCHA in that department.

Again, beeyootiful pics............

Nov 6, 2007 at 12:35 PM Post #33 of 34
Well it’s your expensive amp. It just seems folly to keep those two large power tubes and (is it?) three other tubes in a small dead air space with no through ventilation. If you must keep it in there, at the very least you should drill a row of largish holes along the top of the back panel, or a couple of large holes above the power tubes, or as Mrarryo suggest fit some form of forced ventilation. Otherwise you will run the risk of running the whole amp too hot and therefore reducing its working life.

Nov 6, 2007 at 5:29 PM Post #34 of 34
Thank you for your feedback, I opened the whole back and it is better now...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thermionic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well it’s your expensive amp. It just seems folly to keep those two large power tubes and (is it?) three other tubes in a small dead air space with no through ventilation. If you must keep it in there, at the very least you should drill a row of largish holes along the top of the back panel, or a couple of large holes above the power tubes, or as Mrarryo suggest fit some form of forced ventilation. Otherwise you will run the risk of running the whole amp too hot and therefore reducing its working life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back