My new setup! MF X-Can V8P + Audio-Technica ATH-W1000X
Feb 21, 2010 at 1:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

TheOtus

500+ Head-Fier
So, bit of a leap from internal soundcard and Koss portaPro. Obviously, I can´t do much of a compare to anything. Compared to portaPro, they have way more accurate sound. A tad brighter overall tone. Bass however isn´t lacking one bit for my taste either. The build quality of the phones is pretty amazing, the wood housing is just beautiful. They fit nicely, not much of clamping, so isolation is nothing special, but I was aware of this when I purchased them. They stay on just fine with reasonable head-nodding, not for extreme moshing though! xD

The amp seems awesome also, sturdy casing. Nice build quality all over. It really adds strength to the sound. And I like the large volume knob. xD

Well, if possible, enjoy my very brief post. And now, pictures of the setup and couple of my favorite albums.

Kokosettikaukaa.jpg

Settikaukaa2.jpg

Plugi.jpg

Kuppilhelt.jpg

Feb 21, 2010 at 2:17 PM Post #3 of 39
As I know, pleather. Then, I think that real leather is more of a thing to brag about than an actually huge advantage... If they would be real leather, of course I would mock pleather. xD But really, I don´t mind what it is. =D

Feb 21, 2010 at 2:54 PM Post #6 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOtus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As I know, pleather. Then, I think that real leather is more of a thing to brag about than an actually huge advantage... If they would be real leather, of course I would mock pleather. xD But really, I don´t mind what it is. =D

They're beautiful phones nonetheless. How do they sound?

Feb 21, 2010 at 2:57 PM Post #7 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by iponderous
They're beautiful phones nonetheless. How do they sound?

Well, my very brief impressions can be read in the beginning. Hard to say more... I sure do love the sound though, very nice and warm bass. Mids and highs seem great too. No harshness in the music I listen to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by s1m0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder how do these compare to the a1000x

Not many can tell I think...

Feb 21, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #9 of 39
Wow, these are great looking headphones, even better looking than my Denons, I wonder how they compare.

Feb 21, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #10 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, these are great looking headphones, even better looking than my Denons, I wonder how they compare.

Glad to hear that. They sure have very nice orangey tone in the wood. I personally love the look of Denon´s also though...

Feb 22, 2010 at 2:25 PM Post #12 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The W1000X is an amazing can that is severely underrated around here. It is an Audio Technica in and out though.
wink.gif

By the way, thanks for the recommendation. =D

Heh, need to mention that the bass extends to something I´ve never heard before, my god! Well, my first good setup... But still!!
L3000.gif

Feb 22, 2010 at 3:02 PM Post #14 of 39
Very nice amp TheOtus. I am delighted with mine and it is possibly/probably the only bit of kit I have that will be for keeps. I love the MF sound, detail, detail and some more detail.

Feb 22, 2010 at 3:22 PM Post #15 of 39
Cool, good thing you´re enjoying it too. I can´t compare it to anything, except a cmoy... xD So I can´t exactly say much. Just really enjoying it, as the whole set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back