My new setup! MF X-Can V8P + Audio-Technica ATH-W1000X
Feb 27, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #31 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by sokolov91 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
TheOtus,

Do you mind if I use your photos for my review? I would give you credit for them of course!
They truly are nice photos!

No problem, credit me and you´re free to use them. = )

Feb 28, 2010 at 1:49 PM Post #33 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pretty high end set up there.. Just get a quality dac & you are set..

Yeah, separate DAC is probably next thing to get. Haven´t done much of research about those yet...

Mar 1, 2010 at 11:07 AM Post #34 of 39
Can anyone compare the w1000 with the denon d5000 non markl'd?

I like what im reading about these AT but I already own the d2000 even if there is only a subtle difference between the two woodies I could not justify the extra outlay for a small improvement.

Mar 1, 2010 at 12:24 PM Post #35 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by jcoops16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone compare the w1000 with the denon d5000 non markl'd?

I like what im reading about these AT but I already own the d2000 even if there is only a subtle difference between the two woodies I could not justify the extra outlay for a small improvement.

Off the top of my head from when I tried a bunch of them at the same time, the Denons are brighter, with more recessed mids. The W1000s have a strong bass, but more forward mids and less prominent treble. The W1000X has more treble than the W1000. The Denons are considerably more comfortable than the weirdly-fitting ATs.

Mar 1, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #36 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Off the top of my head from when I tried a bunch of them at the same time, the Denons are brighter, with more recessed mids. The W1000s have a strong bass, but more forward mids and less prominent treble. The W1000X has more treble than the W1000. The Denons are considerably more comfortable than the weirdly-fitting ATs.

Thanks for that, do you remember if the ATs clamped tighter or looser than the denons because if I do any sudden movements with the denons on I find the headband can slip forward

Mar 1, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #37 of 39
I can tell that W1000X is pretty loose fitting. Definitely not for hard head-banging. It stays on while "normal" moving around though. So I wouldn´t call it too loose however. With smaller than average head, no good though...

Mar 4, 2010 at 1:55 PM Post #38 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by jcoops16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for that, do you remember if the ATs clamped tighter or looser than the denons because if I do any sudden movements with the denons on I find the headband can slip forward

The AT do have an odd fit, and it is fairly loose, but I can walk around my room with them... sit on a chair... look side to side... even bent over and pick something up if its not too quick. I have an average size head I would say. While the fit is odd, It gives the illusion there is no headphone on the head after a while. Where as other headphones are comfy, but bring attention to themselves.

Mar 4, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #39 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by sokolov91 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The AT do have an odd fit, and it is fairly loose, but I can walk around my room with them... sit on a chair... look side to side... even bent over and pick something up if its not too quick. I have an average size head I would say. While the fit is odd, It gives the illusion there is no headphone on the head after a while. Where as other headphones are comfy, but bring attention to themselves.

Thanks for that, would really like to try these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back