My new setup! MF X-Can V8P + Audio-Technica ATH-W1000X
Feb 24, 2010 at 6:25 PM Post #17 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by choka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the wood looks bright orange on my screen. do they really look like that?

Well, it´s not exactly bright. Very nice and rich tone, definitely orange though. It´s american black cherry wood. Japanese cherry wood used in W1000 for example is way more red.

Feb 24, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #18 of 39
Very nice set up! A word to the wise: Enjoy it as long as you can... that is ward off upgradeitis!

Do keep track of how they sound over the course of this week... apparently audio technicas require burn in very much, just like Ultrasones. Technically all headphones do a bit, but only on my ultrasones have I heard this magical breakthrough.

Mine arrived today... but my younger brother lacked the 50$ in import duties required to take it in the house... so I must wait another day :'(

Feb 24, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #19 of 39
Yeah, I´ll definitely be listening for changes in sound.

I hope you get them soon, you won´t be disappointed! Great sounding beautiful phones.

Feb 25, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #20 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOtus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I´ll definitely be listening for changes in sound.

I hope you get them soon, you won´t be disappointed! Great sounding beautiful phones.

Thanks! I got them today, and my head is being graced with them at this very moment!

I must say I am always in one way or another impressed with a new headphone. It usually does at least one thing right or enough to catch my attention, but with the more and more headphone I accumulate, I am usually less and less impressed.

Wow, I must say I was expecting quite a bit from this headphone, and it surpassed my very high expectations.

I have only had it on my head for 20 mins, but we definitely made a VERY good choice. Especially you ahah, what a great hi-fi headphone to start with!

I won't say any more because this is your thread, but do enjoy your wonderful purchases!

Happy Listening,

Sokolov

Feb 26, 2010 at 2:36 PM Post #21 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by sokolov91 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, I must say I was expecting quite a bit from this headphone, and it surpassed my very high expectations.

I have only had it on my head for 20 mins, but we definitely made a VERY good choice. Especially you ahah, what a great hi-fi headphone to start with!

I won't say any more because this is your thread, but do enjoy your wonderful purchases!

Happy Listening,

Sokolov

Thanks, you enjoy too!

Feb 26, 2010 at 2:42 PM Post #22 of 39
How do they compare to the other hp you own?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sokolov91 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks! I got them today, and my head is being graced with them at this very moment!

I must say I am always in one way or another impressed with a new headphone. It usually does at least one thing right or enough to catch my attention, but with the more and more headphone I accumulate, I am usually less and less impressed.

Happy Listening,

Sokolov

Feb 27, 2010 at 2:00 AM Post #23 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by s1m0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder how do these compare to the a1000x

The W has considerably more bass. The X-series have more, and IMO better treble than the other ATs.

Feb 27, 2010 at 2:03 AM Post #24 of 39
cool set-up bro !

Feb 27, 2010 at 2:20 PM Post #26 of 39
I sense the need for more pics, enjoy!

Overall1.jpg

CupCloseup0.jpg

Realcloseup.jpg

Feb 27, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #28 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by tvrboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the pics, this is quite a nice looking headphone. I hope you enjoy it.

Heh, it´s fun to take pics. =D And I sure am enjoying, still amazed by these at times...

Feb 27, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #29 of 39
TheOtus,

Do you mind if I use your photos for my review? I would give you credit for them of course!
They truly are nice photos!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back