My new Schiit Valhalla killed my Beyer DT990/600's...
Jan 17, 2013 at 5:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

pandastyle

New Head-Fier
I really don't know what to do.  I got it in the mail today.  Set it up when I got off work just like it said and listened to music on it for a couple of hours.  It was bliss listening to it.  Then a couple of hours into breaking it in the right driver just stopped playing.  It came back on for a sec, but it was totally distorted.  I let it cool off thinking that might have something to do with it and nope.  Then I checked it to make sure it wasn't the amp by plugging in another set of headphones for a sec and nope, the headphones are ****ed. I'm at a loss.  I've spent over $800 on the headphones and amp and in two hours it's useless.  The site for the amp even says the Valhalla is basically made for DT990/600's...

Jan 17, 2013 at 7:47 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
I really don't know what to do.  I got it in the mail today.  Set it up when I got off work just like it said and listened to music on it for a couple of hours.  It was bliss listening to it.  Then a couple of hours into breaking it in the right driver just stopped playing.  It came back on for a sec, but it was totally distorted.  I let it cool off thinking that might have something to do with it and nope.  Then I checked it to make sure it wasn't the amp by plugging in another set of headphones for a sec and nope, the headphones are ****ed. I'm at a loss.  I've spent over $800 on the headphones and amp and in two hours it's useless.  The site for the amp even says the Valhalla is basically made for DT990/600's...

Heya,

Your DT990 was likely defective to start. The Valhalla didn't kill it. Any electricity would have killed it. It either has a weakened, fractured solder point near the voice coil, or the wire itself is simply damaged (cable). All of which is broken before you got it if you bought new.

Let's not start a sky is falling thread with a new rumor that the Valhalla kills headphones. Didn't happen.

RMA the DT990.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back