My new headphone - Sennheiser HD800
Apr 1, 2011 at 3:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

jeubow

New Head-Fier
In the past, I got some headphones. Grado, ATH, Beyerdynamic, Ultrasone, AKG, and Sennheiser. I tried to figure out what sound I really want. So, I bought some headphone amps as well.

As for the sound, I like beyer DT990 the most. I usually listen to the pop songs(Keane, Roxette, George Micheal and Olivia Ong) and some metal(Megadeth, Metallica and Dream theater). 

Now, Only DT990 and Sony MDR-SA5000 are left, because I think I have found what I really want. However, the devil inside my deep part of my heart is still unsatisfied. He tells me there is still a new world which I don't explore yet. 

Therefore, I made up my mind to start a new adventure. To expend a brand new version~~~ Get the ONE PIECE!!!

I bought this from a great guy in the internet. He might go abroad for business and have no time to enjoy this precious.

The case is very delicate.

Welcome the new world

The quality is gorgeous.

another angle

Have a picture with SA5000

My DAC and Headphone Amp, Pureaudio Lotus DAC1 and HA-9

Thanks for watching and have a nice day.

Apr 1, 2011 at 5:34 AM Post #2 of 14
Looks nice.

Apr 2, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #4 of 14
I think the end all be all for me at the moment is the ED 8s. But great run through. I also enjoyed the One Piece show. Great job.

Apr 2, 2011 at 3:09 AM Post #6 of 14
Very nice pictures and collection.
eek.gif

Apr 2, 2011 at 3:44 AM Post #7 of 14

Quote:
Olivia Ong and Dream Theatre. I don't know the rest, but from those two choices you must have some excellent taste in music XD

Congrats on the HD800!

I also like Aiza Seguerra. She has neutral voice and emotional rhythm. Recently, I listen to Alicia Keys. Her "Empire State of Mind" is so moving. Alicia is full of soul and vitality.

In the future, I might have a Beyerdynamic T1 as my second flagship headphone, if possible XD.

Apr 2, 2011 at 7:20 AM Post #8 of 14
Good pics, I like the SA5000 a lot and it's the second best dynamic open headphones as far as i heard, can't match the HD800 in bass extention and sounstage but it's about on par in most other aspects, The treble in particular is actually smoother and less grainy. I imagine they are spectacular when balanced with a good aftermarket cable like APS V3 or the Silver dragon.

Apr 2, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:
Good pics, I like the SA5000 a lot and it's the second best dynamic open headphones as far as i heard, can't match the HD800 in bass extention and sounstage but it's about on par in most other aspects, The treble in particular is actually smoother and less grainy. I imagine they are spectacular when balanced with a good aftermarket cable like APS V3 or the Silver dragon.

Great appreciation of SA5000!!! totally agree!

I also like Sony SA5000 very much. My headphone amp is a clone of ATH HA5000. The sound is quite fantastic for SA5000 companied with Pureaudio HA-9.

Apr 2, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #11 of 14

I also like Aiza Seguerra. She has neutral voice and emotional rhythm. Recently, I listen to Alicia Keys. Her "Empire State of Mind" is so moving. Alicia is full of soul and vitality.

In the future, I might have a Beyerdynamic T1 as my second flagship headphone, if possible XD.

For the best mid range, I'd suggest you to look into the Stax Omega 2. The T1 had way too much treble IMO, but YMMV. Since youre spending so much already

Apr 3, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #13 of 14

Quote:
Quote:

For the best mid range, I'd suggest you to look into the Stax Omega 2. The T1 had way too much treble IMO, but YMMV. Since youre spending so much already

Alicia is probably my best choice for testing the airness and clear-sound =) good to know her voice is appreciated

Apr 3, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #14 of 14
One of the Best Headphones Out there today.......IMO.. A nice after market cable I've found are the "Blue Dragons" Copper wire Version #3... Picks up the bass and softens the high end just enough for me, with my equipment.......   Read some of the Positive feedback "on line" reviews of the HD-800's optional cables out there today!.......Great Pics from your collection and thanks for sharing.....
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back