My room
smily_headphones1.gif

before.jpg

Closet before upgrades
smily_headphones1.gif

t88nurk.jpg

Closet after upgrades
smily_headphones1.gif

Also you can see a new multimeter and a Weller WH40 soldering station I just got
smily_headphones1.gif

t88nurk2.jpg

So now I have my own little corner which means I dont have to molest my graphics workstation anymore
smily_headphones1.gif

View to a closet from my room
smily_headphones1.gif

myrig.jpg

And as a bonus my current rig
smily_headphones1.gif
If it can be called a rig
smily_headphones1.gif

darthsmile.gif

Nov 29, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #2 of 25
It is nice to have a dedicated place to work and to keep everything you need organized.
I personally don't have a such a place and see the GF giving me the look when I break everything out on the kitchen table
wink.gif

Nov 29, 2009 at 7:09 PM Post #3 of 25
That's terrific! I will admit to a fair measure of jealousy. I'm still dragging tools out of a closet and setting up temporarily on a spare table.

Sooner or later, I'll move where I can have a real workshop.

Nov 29, 2009 at 9:00 PM Post #4 of 25
Hehe thanks,

As I described, its a former closet so I changed my environment to fit my needs.
smily_headphones1.gif
Its a small space but not the most cramped one I have seen.

Nov 29, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #6 of 25
LOL, nice spot man. You even have shelves!!! I am jealous.

I have a small area setup in my room with my equipment but the wife thinks it is a catch all table. I am in the process of renovating an extra room we have here for this sort of thing. Then, maybe, I can get some peace..

Nov 29, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #7 of 25
Nicely done!

I only have a little table space reserved for such things, but your "upgraded closet" looks much nicer, even the chair looks comfy!

Now stop wasting time and get to building stuff!

Nov 29, 2009 at 11:47 PM Post #8 of 25
Awesome work
smily_headphones1.gif
. I have to go up to dad's shed and move all of his stuff to get a good set-up for DIY. Oh well, better then breaking my back in my room.

Come to think of it I don't do enough DIY to really dedicate a space to it... although I wish I did. haha

Nov 30, 2009 at 1:23 AM Post #9 of 25
Oh nice
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you for all the positive feedback
smily_headphones1.gif
Well as someone mentioned I too havent done enough DIY to be sure if it deserves its own space.

Recently I have discovered that I work so much with a computer that I really enjoy venting myself with some DIY work daily...an hour or two per day. Not only electronics...also furniture and such - doing stuff with my hands gives me great satisfaction (this sounds wrong). Anyway's I have been doing furniture etc for ages.

Ever since I got into Headphone audio I have been itching to build my own stuff for it. So I almost have all the parts for my projects
smily_headphones1.gif
3X svetlanas will arrive on monday
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you all

Nov 30, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by wap32 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nicely done!

I only have a little table space reserved for such things, but your "upgraded closet" looks much nicer, even the chair looks comfy!

Now stop wasting time and get to building stuff!

Comfy chair is important, otherwise you get unfomfortable and go away quickly. Or if I get electricuted at least Ill be in a comfy position
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 30, 2009 at 2:47 AM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spasticteapot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You might want to consider some DIY noise absorbtion panels for the wall. Concrete walls plus hardwood floors is not a good combination for the use of speakers.

Oh? Gotta look into it
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You will do more projects now that you have the space to store parts and tools.

Yah despite what people tend to say...good tools and environment do matter in my experience. If you have right tools and the right place you are way more likely to do stuff - and more importantly finish it aswelll.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am so jealous! BTW, what speakers are those floor-standers?

Those floorstanding speakers are "Canton Fonum SC5" got them for 220$ last month
smily_headphones1.gif

http://www.hifi-wiki.de/index.php/Canton_Fonum_SC-5

Unfortunately its in german (I think) but google translate will help
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 30, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spasticteapot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You might want to consider some DIY noise absorbtion panels for the wall. Concrete walls plus hardwood floors is not a good combination for the use of speakers.

x100

Exactly what I was going to say. You need to consider some room treatments dude. Sound must bounce all over that room like a bullet ricocheting in a metal drum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back